2019 DEPRECIATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 is depreciating fast and wouldn't have it any other way. 30k miles in 9 months.

RAPTERRIER

Full Access On Your Mom
Reaction score
which truck do you like better ?

Overall I like the PW better. It's got a large V8, great 8 speed transmission that doesn't hunt like the 10 spd, better interior, tows more, elec detachable sway bars, lockers F/R, standard winch, full size bed for my dirt bikes etc.

The Raptor is much faster and has a much more compliant suspension except for the pogo rear end. Not sold on the aluminum body and the eco boost was meh after 30K miles. Too many electronic modes I didn't see a use for, and I really do feel that Ford chose the wrong engine for it which was the main reason I sold it. If it had a V8 with the same specs I'd still have it.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My plain jane 800A 2017 only depreciated $5,333 per year. Paid $53K (MSRP) in January 2017 and recently got $37K in trade for it.

Raptorlab

Reaction score
I agree with you. Ford is all about volume and not quality sometimes unfortunately. I guess this is why toyota's hold their value so well and why ford and General Motors have spent time in Japan learning about Toyota's quality control process, it's just to bad they can not replicate it.

My wife has a Lexus, your right Toyota makes great vehicles for women.

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy a vehicle with the plan to keep it long term, ten years or more. I won't much care about depreciation after many miles and years of use. So, I guess it depends on what your goal is. Bottom line though is that cars aren't good investments and never have been.

Last edited:

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy a vehicle with the plan to keep it them long term, ten years or more. I won't much care about depreciation after many miles and years of use. So, I guess it depends on what your goal is. Bottom line though is that cars aren't good investments and never have been.

As I was skimming comments on this thread, this is pretty much the comment I was going to make.

Mokey

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has noticed how bad the 2018-2019 ford raptors are depreciating now since ford over produced 2018 and 2019 raptors. For example, a 2019 raptor with 12,000 to 15,000 miles has a Kelly blue book value of $ 59,000.00. This is a truck that had a msrp of $ 74,000.00 12 months ago and was selling anywheres between $ 10,000.00 over and $ 5000.00 under msrp. I can remember in 2016 when the gen. 2 first came out as a 2017 you could not touch one for msrp. and they actually where only depreciating about $ 7000.00 to $ 8000.00 per year until just recently when ford dealers realized they had to much inventory because Ford has flooded the market with raptors. It is really a shame that ford absolutely killed the exclusivity and the market value of the raptor. One of the strong considerations for purchasing the raptor resale value, but unfortunately now a limited, platinum, king ranch, or lariat hold their value just as good as a raptor. Again it's really to bad ford flooded the market with raptors and really damaged the exclusivity and rareness of the ford raptor. It's also funny how 12-24 months ago ford dealers dug their heels in and had to get $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 over MSRP, now they can't give them away. I wonder what the big difference is ? I think this explains why dealers are now selling raptors for $ 5000.00 to $ 10,000.00 under. Remember , the more the vehicle is discounted, the more it depreciates. It's just a shame Ford decided to overproduce a very special truck to where the value is no better than a Ram pickup truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.