GEN 2 2018 Raptor Supercharged V-8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is coming to market, or at least car and driver confirmed that it is. I don't get why y'all are so doubtful that it is happening, especially from a company that is bringing a 900+ hp demon to market that will run race gas from the factory. Dodge is doing wild things these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, I bet Ram will do it, they're the crazy one of the big three when it comes to special editions (Viper ACR, Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk). Timing is a little shaky due to the new bodystyle coming out, but that doesn't mean they can't do it on the old bodystyle for a couple years.

TRX is far more certain than Ford adding a V8 TT option to the Raptor IMO.

In the meantime, the circle jerkers like Sasquatch (not you, RTLW) will spend their days trolling the G2 forum and everyone here that loves their trucks will be enjoying them. If a V8TT Raptor comes, cool, I would look at buying one and brave the gong show that is a Ford new vehicle rollout. But I bet I'm in the vast majority of owners that would have zero buyer's remorse if that day comes, they're that good. I'm not a Ford fanboy, not a V6 guy and I'm very familiar with the G1's and how good they were... and this truck still blew me away with how much I like it.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I bet Ram will do it, they're the crazy one of the big three when it comes to special editions (Viper ACR, Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk). Timing is a little shaky due to the new bodystyle coming out, but that doesn't mean they can't do it on the old bodystyle for a couple years.

TRX is far more certain than Ford adding a V8 TT option to the Raptor IMO.

In the meantime, the circle jerkers like Sasquatch (not you, RTLW) will spend their days trolling the G2 forum and everyone here that loves their trucks will be enjoying them. If a V8TT Raptor comes, cool, I would look at buying one and brave the gong show that is a Ford new vehicle rollout. But I bet I'm in the vast majority of owners that would have zero buyer's remorse if that day comes, they're that good. I'm not a Ford fanboy, not a V6 guy and I'm very familiar with the G1's and how good they were... and this truck still blew me away with how much I like it.

The only dog I have in the fight is that I own a gen 1 and I love it. But if I was buying again I wouldn't buy a gen 1, gen 2, or a TRX, I'd just buy and build a base model truck and circumvent the raptor tax and paying a premium for parts I'm going to replace anyways. I would love all of the above to be options because I like the innovation and the competition in new parts and products that it breeds. I know a lot of us gen 1 guys that have been here for a few years end up on the gen 2 sub forum because we're used to navigating using the unread topics tab and responses stem from degrees of interest, to feeling the need to respond to unfounded claims, to straight up trolling. I've got my platform preferences but at the end of the day everyone being satisfied with what they have is cool with me. I hope the v8 tt or sc does come out and I hope that a decent version of the TRX comes out (and car and driver says it's confirmed), just because I'd like to see how it steers the market and the competition is good for everyone in the end.

OP
OP
D

Dryhole

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their replies. I expect another update from Ford regional rep in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their replies. I expect another update from Ford regional rep in 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talked to my rep today and he confirmed it would be a quad turbo 4 cylinder.

Seriously though, not happening for 2018. IF it ever does happen I'll consider trading in my 3.5 truck, but until then I am enjoying the hell out of it.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is coming to market, or at least car and driver confirmed that it is. I don't get why y'all are so doubtful that it is happening, especially from a company that is bringing a 900+ hp demon to market that will run race gas from the factory. Dodge is doing wild things these days.

Im not saying the TRX wont happen but what absolutely wont happen is the TRX coming to market exactly how the prototype is setup. Side exhaust? Nope. King shocks? Nope, they dont have the mass manufacturing abilities like Fox does. Racing harnesses? Nope. 37" tires? Nope. Bed Rack with 2 spares? Nope.

To add to this its a standard 1500 frame so if it does make it to market how the prototype is setup it most likely will have frame issues with any hard abuse. Also think of the price tag that will follow with a Hellcat motor, side exhaust, king shocks, 6 37" tires with beadlocks and a bed rack, racing seats, and racing harnesses, itll be more than a Raptor by a long shot.

Like I said, itll be a standard Rebel with some larger tires, badging, and some weak ass shocks and at best a hellcat motor. No way will it have king shocks and the supporting mods to make it 7" wider than the standard 1500. Itll be a watered down version of the prototype TRX and a slightly upgraded Rebel with TRX badging.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Im not saying the TRX wont happen but what absolutely wont happen is the TRX coming to market exactly how the prototype is setup. Side exhaust? Nope. King shocks? Nope, they dont have the mass manufacturing abilities like Fox does. Racing harnesses? Nope. 37" tires? Nope. Bed Rack with 2 spares? Nope.

To add to this its a standard 1500 frame so if it does make it to market how the prototype is setup it most likely will have frame issues with any hard abuse. Also think of the price tag that will follow with a Hellcat motor, side exhaust, king shocks, 6 37" tires with beadlocks and a bed rack, racing seats, and racing harnesses, itll be more than a Raptor by a long shot.

Like I said, itll be a standard Rebel with some larger tires, badging, and some weak ass shocks and at best a hellcat motor. No way will it have king shocks and the supporting mods to make it 7" wider than the standard 1500. Itll be a watered down version of the prototype TRX and a slightly upgraded Rebel with TRX badging.

Sure it won't come to market exactly like it's concept, things rarely do, but that also doesn't mean that it will be some completely neutered wet noodle.

There's no telling what they'll do with the exhaust, there are vehicles now that have exhausts worked in to the body panels, mustangs have come with side exits in the past. I personally don't care if it's side exit but it's totally within the realm of possibilities.

Will it come with a bedrack? I'm sure it won't,but I wouldn't want it to because I'd rather find or make a rack that suited my needs anyways.

Will it come with 37's? Sure it could, the raptor came with 35s and that was unusual at the time, if I was coming to market with a raptor competitor I'm at least going to make an offering on par with what my competition offers if not try to one up them

Who cares if it comes with a standard frame, any off-road truck needs frame reinforcing anyways, the gen 1 needed it and so will the gen 2 for those that really beat on them.

Of course it won't have racing harnesses, once again, who cares it's just a show piece to build hype.

Believing that it isn't possible for it to come with decent suspension is an unfounded assumption as well, ford did it, dodge has shown its serious with offering specialty vehicles and there is no reason to believe that they won't source something decent, not to mention the rear suspension on dodges is already a better starting platform than the leafsprung offering on fords.

You're making a lot of assumptions out of what sounds like denial.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

At the end of the day, all that matters for the TRX to be a success is an insane motor and a solid start point for suspension, the building blocks for a decent off-road platform, everything else is just frills that a lot of of wouldn't keep anyways.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure it won't come to market exactly like it's concept, things rarely do, but that also doesn't mean that it will be some completely neutered wet noodle.

There's no telling what they'll do with the exhaust, there are vehicles now that have exhausts worked in to the body panels, mustangs have come with side exits in the past. I personally don't care if it's side exit but it's totally within the realm of possibilities.

Will it come with a bedrack? I'm sure it won't,but I wouldn't want it to because I'd rather find or make a rack that suited my needs anyways.

Will it come with 37's? Sure it could, the raptor came with 35s and that was unusual at the time, if I was coming to market with a raptor competitor I'm at least going to make an offering on par with what my competition offers if not try to one up them

Who cares if it comes with a standard frame, any off-road truck needs frame reinforcing anyways, the gen 1 needed it and so will the gen 2 for those that really beat on them.

Of course it won't have racing harnesses, once again, who cares it's just a show piece to build hype.

Believing that it isn't possible for it to come with decent suspension is an unfounded assumption as well, ford did it, dodge has shown its serious with offering specialty vehicles and there is no reason to believe that they won't source something decent, not to mention the rear suspension on dodges is already a better starting platform than the leafsprung offering on fords.

You're making a lot of assumptions out of what sounds like denial.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

At the end of the day, all that matters for the TRX to be a success is an insane motor and a solid start point for suspension, the building blocks for a decent off-road platform, everything else is just frills that a lot of of wouldn't keep anyways.

It's going to have to be cheap as shit for people to have a "starting platform" for a good offroad vehicle.

Gen2 has an already beefed up frame from the already beefed up 2015+ frames which is only on the Raptor so its a lot more sturdy than the Gen 1 by far. Can it bend? Yes, anything will with enough force. Could it benefit from reinforcements? Sure. But saying a standard Fiat 1500 frame can handle the same abuse the Gen2 raptor frame can is a stretch.

I'm not in denial about anything, I'm being realistic by knowing what Fiat is known for doing with their "offroad" models.

TRX will be a watered down noodle.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's going to have to be cheap as shit for people to have a "starting platform" for a good offroad vehicle.

Gen2 has an already beefed up frame from the already beefed up 2015+ frames which is only on the Raptor so its a lot more sturdy than the Gen 1 by far. Can it bend? Yes, anything will with enough force. Could it benefit from reinforcements? Sure. But saying a standard Fiat 1500 frame can handle the same abuse the Gen2 raptor frame can is a stretch.

I'm not in denial about anything, I'm being realistic by knowing what Fiat is known for doing with their "offroad" models.

TRX will be a watered down noodle.

Lol totally unfounded, honestly the frame point is moot, everyone knows the first mod for any of these trucks should be frame reinforcements and bumpstops. The gen 2 is not immune and I don't really care about its beefed up frame, it's still a mass produced ford piece.

The gen 1 and gen 2 are just staring platforms in my opinion, just good enough to get your foot in the door and they aren't cheap as shit.

"Fiat" as you call them (as if that's some devastating insult) is already the undisputed hp king of the big three, to believe they wouldn't be willing to bring that kind of over the top offering to the off-road market simply because they didn't in the past is kind of ridiculous.

You're putting ford up on this pedestal for whatever reason and it really makes you sound like a fanboy.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol totally unfounded, honestly the frame point is moot, everyone knows the first mod for any of these trucks should be frame reinforcements and bumpstops. The gen 2 is not immune and I don't really care about its beefed up frame, it's still a mass produced ford piece.

The gen 1 and gen 2 are just staring platforms in my opinion, just good enough to get your foot in the door and they aren't cheap as shit.

"Fiat" as you call them (as if that's some devastating insult) is already the undisputed hp king of the big three, to believe they wouldn't be willing to bring that kind of over the top offering to the off-road market simply because they didn't in the past is kind of ridiculous.

You're putting ford up on this pedestal for whatever reason and it really makes you sound like a fanboy.

Horsepower doesn't mean shit offroad when you don't have the suspension to back it up. Rebel with a hellcat motor and some slightly upgraded shocks and a TRX badge, that's exactly what it'll be. It won't be a Raptor fighter Gen 1 or Gen 2.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Horsepower doesn't mean shit offroad when you don't have the suspension to back it up. Rebel with a hellcat motor and some slightly upgraded shocks and a TRX badge, that's exactly what it'll be. It won't be a Raptor fighter Gen 1 or Gen 2.

Hey I totally agree that hp means nothing off-road without a legitimate off-road suspension to utilize it. Luckily dodges standard suspension is already a better Jump of point than fords leafsprung setup. You have no idea what they'll do to upgrade their suspension for an off-road offering, you're making unfounded assumptions. Ford didn't have a serious offering suspension wise until the gen 1, saying that because dodge hasn't they won't is just silly.