2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bendensez

Reaction score
Just chatted with FP. My Raptor has been released from the factory (build date 7/26) and ready to ship. No ETA yet. Hopefully my close proximity to the Dearborn plant will help and I will have it next week :)

So, now I just heard from my dealer after I had talked to FP. Apparently, my Raptor is back at the plant with a primary status of "In Production." Not sure why FP told me this morning it was released when the status date/time when it went back "In Production" was yesterday. Oh well, I will have it soon enough - but not soon enough ;)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 78

Whiterp199

Reaction score
Has anyone had a 2018 status switch to in transit? I was told last week mine was awaiting shipment but it appears to be bouncing around statuses this week, it was back in production on Tuesday, today its awaiting shipment again.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My windows sticker seems to be gone. When I try to look up the VIN today, it's no longer there. It was there yesterday.

Ford Performance chat says 'Produced but no shipping date or ETA'.

Last edited:

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had a 2018 status switch to in transit? I was told last week mine was awaiting shipment but it appears to be bouncing around statuses this week, it was back in production on Tuesday, today its awaiting shipment again.

Spoke to FP 11:30am eastern time today. My build (#0222) now shows as released. FP said that the next step is status of "In control of a shipper" , followed by a status of "In Transit". Then to the dealer.

FP was not able to confirm that QC was finished for this first batch. Both FP and the inventory manager at the dealer say that the first batch gets a very thorough series of QC inspections before Ford will release the new model year builds to ship.

I'm hoping for delivery in Aug yet and fingers are crossed that we don't repeat 2017. Maybe those new B&O sound systems are messing up delivery :).

bendensez

Reaction score
Spoke to FP 11:30am eastern time today. My build (#0222) now shows as released. FP said that the next step is status of "In control of a shipper" , followed by a status of "In Transit". Then to the dealer.

FP was not able to confirm that QC was finished for this first batch. Both FP and the inventory manager at the dealer say that the first batch gets a very thorough series of QC inspections before Ford will release the new model year builds to ship.

I'm hoping for delivery in Aug yet and fingers are crossed that we don't repeat 2017. Maybe those new B&O sound systems are messing up delivery :).

My experience this morning with FP was that they also told me mine was released; however, my dealer showed me proof of it going back to production yesterday, which FP did not mention. Maybe they know something and aren't saying.

Regardless, there are no major changes for MY2018 with big things like drivetrain items, body, interior, etc. That's why I'm glad to be getting an '18. Whatever things may be holding up 2018 deliveries, such as the B & O sound system, are likely not that big of a deal. I hope...

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My experience this morning with FP was that they also told me mine was released; however, my dealer showed me proof of it going back to production yesterday, which FP did not mention. Maybe they know something and aren't saying.

Regardless, there are no major changes for MY2018 with big things like drivetrain items, body, interior, etc. That's why I'm glad to be getting an '18. Whatever things may be holding up 2018 deliveries, such as the B & O sound system, are likely not that big of a deal. I hope...

Are either of you able to view your Window Sticker today using your VIN?

bendensez

Reaction score
Are either of you able to view your Window Sticker today using your VIN?

No I can't. I also noticed that and forgot to mention in my last post. My dealer has three others coming in for other people as well (I have those VINs) and can't see them either and could before. Perhaps something just up with Ford's window sticker site in general...

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No I can't. I also noticed that and forgot to mention in my last post. My dealer has three others coming in for other people as well (I have those VINs) and can't see them either and could before. Perhaps something just up with Ford's window sticker site in general...

Hope it's not a bad sign

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter