2017 Ford Raptor vs 2014 Shelby Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our Shelby is heavy. 500+ lbs of bed cage, toolbox, tools, 2 spares, floor jack, etc. Also has a 4" Currie in the rear, etc. Strong, but heavy. Id say the 17 SCAB we were comparing it to is probably 1000 lbs lighter (500 from aluminum body, 500 from the tools, etc in the shelby). With that being said, you will just have to see for yourselves & have your own opinions on the speed/power of the Gen 2.

I thought they were saying now the gen 2 was only 300ish lbs lighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

harrisb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all fairness I knew you were interpreting it wrong immediately, but it was worded oddly.

Thanks, you didn't revert to personal insults like the poster above. First forum I have ever been a part of that would allow that stuff not in a "playground" area.

Oh, and I too wish for a v8TT but it ain't coming. I'm more than used to big motors (8.3L gas, 6.2L) but I've also had/have my share of small boosted power plants (2.0T eclipse, 2.3T mazdaspeed). They both are fun and I'm sure Ford is going to bring it with this 3.5. Manufacturers don't purposely make their flagship vehicles slower and worse from year to year, they are constantly improving.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, you didn't revert to personal insults like the poster above. First forum I have ever been a part of that would allow that stuff not in a "playground" area.

Oh, and I too wish for a v8TT but it ain't coming. I'm more than used to big motors (8.3L gas, 6.2L) but I've also had/have my share of small boosted power plants (2.0T eclipse, 2.3T mazdaspeed). They both are fun and I'm sure Ford is going to bring it with this 3.5. Manufacturers don't purposely make their flagship vehicles slower and worse from year to year, they are constantly improving.

You'll get use to this place, it's dog eat dog and that's part of the fun. One of the few forums where you can go straight for the jugular without fear of the banhammer. I've had the small motors as well, mr2 turbo, 1.8 integra, 1.6 crx, 1.8 swap crx with no2, supercharged s2000, etc. I do believe we will see a v8 in the raptor again, ford is not stupid.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're saying that the screw weighs less than the scab? Gen 1 screw only outweighed the scab by 100 lbs

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

I think it was 194 lbs