2017 Ford Raptor - Chicago Auto Show (Pic Heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
The new wheels are starting to grow on me. I dig the gunmetal bead lock and the tire valve looks really well protected.

What's the finish on the tow hooks? Looks like bare steel. Is that just the lighting?

24557175483_c0b5954d38_b.jpg

I know Moab's Hells Revenge is not exactly Raptor friendly but after our running that trail last weekend, those tailpipes are toast...

Of course the Gen2 defenders will droan about how the Raptor shouldn't be on Hells Revenge and that's not the point here... the following day we hit washed out ditches, something that could be found anywhere in the desert while off-roading that my hitch hit the dirt pretty good so the tailpipes are bound to get damaged pretty easily.

OP
OP
Chris's FX4

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does Avalanche gray look anything like gray in person?
It's a very subtle gray, nothing like the gray on the new Tacoma TRD Pro. It's more like a dirty white color. When I was going through my pics and comparing them other pics of Avalanche gray, I was questioning myself as to if this maybe was a white truck. I asked @Sitdown what color it was and he said it was Avalanche Gray too. I'd almost call it a darker shade of white rather than gray, but the lighting in that area definitely doesn't help the color. It's kind of like how terrain was, where the lighting really changes how it looks

The new wheels are starting to grow on me. I dig the gunmetal bead lock and the tire valve looks really well protected.

What's the finish on the tow hooks? Looks like bare steel. Is that just the lighting?
It's the lighting, but its painted black like on the current trucks.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those tow hooks look to be solid lightweight titanium. Goes with the whole light weight concept of the whole truck and contributes to it being 500 lbs lighter than the outgoing truck.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Looks like the exhaust that crosses over from the driver side to the passenger is better protected. That was one of the main reasons why I purchased a transmission skid plate because the exhaust is lower than the frame crossmember there.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

I know Moab's Hells Revenge is not exactly Raptor friendly but after our running that trail last weekend, those tailpipes are toast...

Yep, I said that a ways back that when I first saw pics, two cut offs to do over the axle now.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't notice the tailight etching at the show last week, but i do see it in the pics now... ??

As Chris mentioned, under the lighting they have there, I too thought it was white in person