2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked it up this afternoon and have been driving the **** out of it. (On Road)

It is as good as I had imagined and drives far less like a truck than I expected. Very smooth, very planted and gobs of power. Haven't noticed anything bad so far but I'm still too new to be objective.

- Drove it mostly in sport mode and noticed a couple of hard down shifts when decelerating.
- I kind of like the auto stop feature
- Got the FP engine cover
- No other obvious flaws other than mud underneath
- Received with 43.4 miles
- I like the sound
- No major dislikes so far
- Have already had teenagers rolling down their windows and waving
- Love the LB color
- Already changed the License plate lights to LED, looks great

Pictures below.

p2210846879-5.jpg

p2210846884-5.jpg

p2210846882-5.jpg

p2210846886-5.jpg

p2210846883-5.jpg

Last edited:

EXOTICLEX

Reaction score
Man, I can't really decide which color I like best. The white looks great with the black grill contrast. The all black is smooth. The blue looks good and is growing on me. The avalanche looks a lot better than in the stock photos. The magnetic grey is great as well. Ruby red is shockingly sweet too. Haven't seen many of them. Oh and THANK YOU ALL FOR POSTING In this thread. Read it all the way through. Great stuff!!! Keep em coming!

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It is as good as I had imagined and drives far less like a truck than I expected. Very smooth, very planted and gobs of power. Haven't noticed anything bad so far but I'm still too new to be objective.

- Drove it mostly in sport mode and noticed a couple of hard down shifts when decelerating.
- I like the sound
- Love the LB color

Pictures below.

p2210846879-5.jpg

p2210846884-5.jpg

p2210846882-5.jpg

p2210846886-5.jpg

p2210846883-5.jpg

I'm still partial to the gen 1 but I have to say, beautiful looking truck brother. Light angles bring out the color and features very nicely. That's a straight up nice truck. Congrats!

David

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Man, I can't really decide which color I like best. The white looks great with the black grill contrast. The all black is smooth. The blue looks good and is growing on me. The avalanche looks a lot better than in the stock photos. The magnetic grey is great as well. Ruby red is shockingly sweet too. Haven't seen many of them. Oh and THANK YOU ALL FOR POSTING In this thread. Read it all the way through. Great stuff!!! Keep em coming!

I guess you're going to have to buy one of each color

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent the day at Hidden Falls park in Texas.

I hope to have my Raptor out there next month, but only to tow my Jeep with. Maybe shoot if they ever start doing night matches out there again.

Anyway, good on you for taking it out on the trails. If I see you out there I will waive you down.

VortexTed

Full Access Member
Reaction score

- I like the sound
- Love the LB color

Pictures below.

p2210846883-5.jpg

I too ordered the L. Blue and I love the way it changes so many different tones of blue depending on the light. GREAT PICTURES !!!! only 6 more weeks of waiting for me......:)

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pros:
Power increase is noticeable
Cabin noise. It is eerily quiet at highway speeds. Was expecting more noise from the exhaust/tires/wind but it is now more on par with a Mercedes. Sound screen windshield probably has a lot to do with this as the previous gen didn't have this but makes longer trips that much more enjoyable.
Nice write up. I know a few members changed their windshield to the soundscreen and really didn't notice much of a difference other than the sounds were not quite as sharp. I didn't put on the soundscreen, but I sound lined mine - headliner, rear walls, doors to minimize some of the and road noise, worst is exhaust drone above 50 mph...
Really nice to hear a comparison between new and old model. I admit now and then I like the engine noise, but after awhile the drone gets old...going to be tough to hold out as I really like how quite my 12' 3.5L F150 is and the wife's '16 platinum 3.5L....

btkeenan

Reaction score
Nice write up. I know a few members changed their windshield to the soundscreen and really didn't notice much of a difference other than the sounds were not quite as sharp. I didn't put on the soundscreen, but I sound lined mine - headliner, rear walls, doors to minimize some of the and road noise, worst is exhaust drone above 50 mph...
Really nice to hear a comparison between new and old model. I admit now and then I like the engine noise, but after awhile the drone gets old...going to be tough to hold out as I really like how quite my 12' 3.5L F150 is and the wife's '16 platinum 3.5L....

Thanks. Yea I have read about other members changing to soundscreen but didn't follow up with results of the modification. I will have to investigate getting some sound dampener material though. The new one spoiled me. I just picked up a corsa xtreme catback exhaust and now this truck sounds perfect imo. When you get on it it screams, when you are just cruising no drone at all.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Made some more changes to the truck today.

- Installed rear seat release bracket
- Installed 8" antenna
- Installed Rappy Graphics on the tailgate applique
- Installed black Gorilla locking lug nutz, torqued to 150 foot pounds

These pictures were taken before the antenna change. The Rappy Graphics were easier to install than I anticipated. It was a bit intimidating at first, but after the F150 and Raptor graphics when on smoothly, the larger lettering was pretty much a piece of cake.

p2211752196-5.jpg

p2211752203-5.jpg

p2211752197-5.jpg

p2211894451-5.jpg

Last edited:

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made some more changes to the truck today.

- Installed rear seat release bracket
- Installed 8" antenna
- Installed Rappy Graphics on the tailgate applique
- Installed black Gorilla locking lug nutz, torqued to 150 foot pounds

These pictures were taken before the antenna change. The Rappy Graphics were easier to install than I anticipated. It was a bit intimidating at first, but after the F150 and Raptor graphics when on smoothly, the larger lettering was pretty much a piece of cake.[/IMG]

Mind saving me a minute trying to look for thread size of the beadlocks and give me a link where you purchased the wheel locks? Really hate the silver lugs on black wheels.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mind saving me a minute trying to look for thread size of the beadlocks and give me a link where you purchased the wheel locks? Really hate the silver lugs on black wheels.

Sure thing.

I ordered from Summit Racing

GOR-61147BCX Lug Nuts, Conical Seat, Bulge, 14mm x 1.50 RH, Closed End, Steel, Black Chrome, Set of 4 (QTY 5)

GOR-96641BDX Lug Nuts, Steel, Black Chrome, Conical Seat, 14mm x 1.50 RH, Closed End, Locking, Set of 4 (QTY 1)