2017 F-150 Raptor - Owner first impressions and review thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review. What color is Granite, or is that the wrap you plan to do?

Out of curiosity were you able to get the CA emissions option in TX?

Ha! Granite is a typo, that's what it is. My truck is Magnetic, but at some point I got it in my head that the color was called Granite and that misinformation made its way into my signature. I'm glad you pointed it out, as I may have never noticed.

Getting CA emissions on a truck ordered in TX was no problem, and no additional cost, but the dealer did require an additional deposit. The dealer stated that they are only able to sell a CA emissions vehicle to CA residents (or CA dealers), so they didn't want to get stuck with it in the event that I backed out of the purchase.

IMG_3107 (1).jpg

IMG_3103 (1).jpg

IMG_3111 (1).jpg

IMG_3126 (1).jpg

IMG_3148 (1).jpg

khahn73

Reaction score
Ha! Granite is a typo, that's what it is. My truck is Magnetic, but at some point I got it in my head that the color was called Granite and that misinformation made its way into my signature. I'm glad you pointed it out, as I may have never noticed.

Getting CA emissions on a truck ordered in TX was no problem, and no additional cost, but the dealer did require an additional deposit. The dealer stated that they are only able to sell a CA emissions vehicle to CA residents (or CA dealers), so they didn't want to get stuck with it in the event that I backed out of the purchase.

View attachment 86275

View attachment 86276

View attachment 86277

View attachment 86278

View attachment 86279
Coyote Bluff is awesome! Great looking truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

siberraptor

Reaction score
Magnetic - great color

Does anyone know if the fender flares come standard painted in magnetic paint instead of black plastic with magnetic color? Saw one on lot today all color coded. Looks sick! Ordered one, just making sure I didn't miss an option.

Attachments

• IMG_8198.jpg
    IMG_8198.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8195.jpg
    IMG_8195.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8191.jpg
    IMG_8191.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 122

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the fender flares come standard painted in magnetic paint instead of black plastic with magnetic color? Saw one on lot today all color coded. Looks sick! Ordered one, just making sure I didn't miss an option.

Yes, that's standard. Those parts are a satin finish Magnetic color on all trucks, so on a Magnetic truck it ends up all color coded. I know some folks like the two tone look but I have a Magnetic SCREW and I love the color coded look. I ended up wrapping mine in XPEL Stealth so the whole truck is a satin finish now.

5d65a1fa11f1a28909f9bb2630cc2adb.jpg
677f4cf18555a8289ce9463ee073028c.jpg

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello i also have Magnetic love the color; not a flashy as blue or ruby red but looks cool in my opinion

now for some fist impressions 300 miles so far; no offloading yet got stuck working OT :( have off this coming seeking so will do a trail ride with a friend and post that experience.
Great truck overall very happy if anyone is debating the tech package; "DON"T its a must get the nav/sync/thing is great. Stream music form my iPhone and I don't even get it out of my pocket! answers calls etc excellent! Moon roof very nice has been great here so far cause its been a cold spring so far. Truck is big the cameras help a lot in parking etc

Engine is great still wish they put the Voodoo engine in there :( had a fun highway run with a GT500 and a GTR and I was keeping up with them with no problem; truck pulls strong from 50 thru 110 when you punch it. Now for the bad part is that from 25 to 45 MPH it seems to pick a much lower gear and sometimes feels like its choking. In bumper to bumper traffic its very strange and I still have not gotten use to it. anyone else experience this with the gears??? I know one has had a trans failure but I don't think this is a problem just engineering???

Attachments

• IMG_8445.JPG
    IMG_8445.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 380

chi_weezy

Reaction score
hello i also have Magnetic love the color; not a flashy as blue or ruby red but looks cool in my opinion

now for some fist impressions 300 miles so far; no offloading yet got stuck working OT :( have off this coming seeking so will do a trail ride with a friend and post that experience.
Great truck overall very happy if anyone is debating the tech package; "DON"T its a must get the nav/sync/thing is great. Stream music form my iPhone and I don't even get it out of my pocket! answers calls etc excellent! Moon roof very nice has been great here so far cause its been a cold spring so far. Truck is big the cameras help a lot in parking etc

Engine is great still wish they put the Voodoo engine in there :( had a fun highway run with a GT500 and a GTR and I was keeping up with them with no problem; truck pulls strong from 50 thru 110 when you punch it. Now for the bad part is that from 25 to 45 MPH it seems to pick a much lower gear and sometimes feels like its choking. In bumper to bumper traffic its very strange and I still have not gotten use to it. anyone else experience this with the gears??? I know one has had a trans failure but I don't think this is a problem just engineering???

Yes. Choking is a great description. It “winds out” sometimes and just sits at 4-5k when you let off or reduce throttle pressure. It’s a bit annoying