GEN 2 2017 BF Goodrich Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds more like a wheel offset issue to me.
Probably was. Fuel wheels last time. HRE made these new wheels specifically for the Raptor, so I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't seen any good pics of a Raptor with 20" and 37s yet. If you see some (and I know this might be hard for you to look at) I'd love you to share them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably was. Fuel wheels last time. HRE made these new wheels specifically for the Raptor, so I'm looking forward to it.

I haven't seen any good pics of a Raptor with 20" and 37s yet. If you see some (and I know this might be hard for you to look at) I'd love you to share them.

It's not about looks. It's about the fact that 20" wheels ruin the ride of the Raptor on-road and the handling of the Raptor off-road. I can't tell you how often I hear from people who ride in my truck, even from those who own trucks, how great it feels (on and off road). If you want a street racer get one (or build one). The Raptor just isn't it.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not about looks. It's about the fact that 20" wheels ruin the ride of the Raptor on-road and the handling of the Raptor off-road. I can't tell you how often I hear from people who ride in my truck, even from those who own trucks, how great it feels (on and off road). If you want a street racer get one (or build one). The Raptor just isn't it.
I really didn't have a problem with the onroad ride on my svt. I'm okay driving cars with a little tight suspension, etc. I never noticed a big issue with it TBH man.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really didn't have a problem with the onroad ride on my svt. I'm okay driving cars with a little tight suspension, etc. I never noticed a big issue with it TBH man.

Well, Starbucks drive through lanes are pretty smooth.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I likes me my Grande Lattes man. Daily :). Being from Seattle and all.

I quit drinking Starbucks years ago due to their leftist politics.

As for their drive throughs, I suspect a Fiat would be as smooth.

uppitycitizen

Reaction score
As I explained in a prior post, tires ARE designed and built to a specific vehicles ride characteristics. And during manufacture and testing, tires that don't meet OE specifications become replacement tires. The reality is that tire manufacturers producing tires to auto manufacturers specs are NOT in the business of building replacement tires. The goal of the tire manufacturer is to produce 100% OE tires, as they have contracts with the auto manufacturer for those tires. Replacement tires cost money in materials and labor (conversion costs) and warehouse costs to store tires until there is demand. So if the OE yield is too low, too many tires go to replacement inventory rather than to the vehicle manufacturer.

So to answer your question, there are tires that were built to be OE tires, but did not pass the strict quality testing required by the vehicle manufacturer. In short, the best tires will be the ones that came with your vehicle.

Now, that having been said, there ARE tires that are built for the replacement market that are designed to fit a broader spectrum of vehicles. They may have a higher load limit, different sidewall construction, different tread compound, and be offered in the same size and product line as the OE tire.
It will be a great tire, but won't be designed for a specific vehicles ride characteristics.

Not trying to pick sides here, but honestly asking a simple question. How do I buy a replacement tire for my truck if I destroy one? If I want the exact same tire as what I had, is it possible?