Ride Height / CV Angle - 3.0s vs Top Perch vs Eibachs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beach_Bum

Reaction score
I'm confused about something after reading a bunch of old threads on different suspension setups.

I keep reading that going to top-perch is a no-no due to CV angles, especially on 2012-2014 trucks. I've also read this about going to Eibach +3 springs (which seems to be the same height as top-perch). I'm confused though, because aren't the trucks on 3.0s at the same height or higher than a truck on top-perch or Eibach +3s? I never hear any complaints about their CV angles. Are they doing other suspension upgrades to relieve the stress on the CVs?

I'm asking because I'll be needing some new shocks in the near future and I've been researching old threads about suspension setups. I'd like to get a little more height out of the truck to possibly run 37s and I don't plan on doing any type of serious off-roading (there's nowhere to go here), so I'm stuck with mild trails and hopping curbs at Starbucks.

My current plan is to get a set of new, front & rear, OE Fox shocks with Eibach +3 springs and go to 37" Ko2s on Method +25 offset wheels. I don't want to do this if it's going to compromise CVs though.