GEN 2 2017 BF Goodrich Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are a number of ads that talk about how the new BF Goodrich KO2s were developed for the Raptor, they're new, blah blah blah.

Are they really new though? I've seen KO2s out for awhile. Are the ones in the raptor different somehow?

I'm asking because I'm still conflicted on tire size. I'm getting 20s, I know y'all hate 20s but I'm deciding between 35s and 37s.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
Raptor KO2's were co-developed w/Ford engineers & tuned specifically for the truck's unique performance requirements.

mwm5094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the little I know, the KO2 was developed by BFG and Ford. Ford wanted to improve the KO that was standard on the Gen1 Raptors and put the new design on the Gen2. Now, I do not believe the tires that come on the Raptor from the factory are any different than what you can buy. In my eyes, tooling and setup would be way to expensive for BFG to make 2 versions of essentially the same tire, there is no way BFG would ever benefit from it.

I just put a set of 37'' Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Gen1 and I cannot say enough about them. Performance is excellent (have not had them in snow) and tire noice is pretty much non existent. KOs were much louder.

I put a thread up in the Gen1 wheels and tire section but if you are looking for wheels or tires, I have a family member that has a resellers business. I can almost assure you that he can get you tires for less than you will find anywhere online. I believe the only major tire brand he cannot get is Toyo.

Edit. I stand corrected. Good info crash and Jake. Makes sense that the differences would only be offered in the Raptor size.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, there are a number of ads that talk about how the new BF Goodrich KO2s were developed for the Raptor, they're new, blah blah blah.

Are they really new though? I've seen KO2s out for awhile. Are the ones in the raptor different somehow?

I'm asking because I'm still conflicted on tire size. I'm getting 20s, I know y'all hate 20s but I'm deciding between 35s and 37s.

BFG KO2s are not new. The ones on the Raptor are. They were developed specifically for the Raptor. They are C load rated. It matters not because if you are putting on 20s, because the Raptor spec KO2s are only in 315/70R17.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not only are they load range C the tread width is .7" wider than the standard LT315/70R17 Bridgestone offers in the Ko2.

th2RtTC.png

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amazing that Ford put factory 35s on the truck. Really nice factory setup.

Elite_KG

Reaction score
From the little I know, the KO2 was developed by BFG and Ford. Ford wanted to improve the KO that was standard on the Gen1 Raptors and put the new design on the Gen2. Now, I do not believe the tires that come on the Raptor from the factory are any different than what you can buy. In my eyes, tooling and setup would be way to expensive for BFG to make 2 versions of essentially the same tire, there is no way BFG would ever benefit from it.
Edit. I stand corrected. Good info crash and Jake. Makes sense that the differences would only be offered in the Raptor size.

I work for a Polymer and Tire Producing company and I can tell you that the tires on original equipment vehicles are indeed different and better than what you can buy. Tire company have OE production lines and and even OE production plants making tires foe new cars only that private consumers cannot purchase. The compounds for OE tires are tailored for a specific model vehicle and have unique coding.

When a cusomer replaces OE tires, they are not buying the same exact tire. It is the brand, make, model, size etc, but it is not equivalent to OE.

So when Ford says ot was developed for the Raptor, this is not much different than what other companies are doing for say a Yukon or a Cadillac.

If the OP plans to purchase an aftermarket tire he should choose whatever suits him as an agtermarket KO2 will not be the same as what is on the Raptor or any other OE vehicle for that matter.