2017 802A suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Would it be better to Juwt change the front springs to stock no spacers etc. Then in the rear take out big spacer block and put stock one back and also take out airbags ? If I did this would it clear my 37’s with my non stock offset wheels ? Or if I leave the eibachs up front would that keep it high enough to clear my tires etc ?

You won't clear 37s up front with stock springs. To be very, very honest, it will be close with eibachs and 37s with those wheels that are on there and there's a chance they will rub a lot. The offset does play a big part on these trucks.

I mean maybe start thinking about seeing if you can find some stock wheels and tires to throw on or at least some 35s. In my neck of the woods, I see guys selling their stock setups probably once or twice a week. Not sure if it's the same where you are. People will buy those wheels and tires off you. If you go that 35 route, then going all stock is, of course, an option. It may not be the most cost effective if you want new Ford parts. Finding used coils and the stock blocks for the rear isn't impossible, though, depending where you are.

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Ok thanks. So I could keep my rims and get BFg ko 35 inch and everything would be fine with stock springs. Are my eibach springs better then stock springs ?

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all due respect.
Someone messed that truck up bad lifting it like that. Since you don’t seem to be very mechanically inclined may I recommend taking it to a shop that knows Raptors to have it looked over and put back together correctly.

no one has mentioned... you can not add a lift spacer in addition to aftermarket springs. The fact those axles haven’t popped already is amazing. All your ball joints and bushings have been absolutely maxed out and are very likely damaged as well.

Unfortunate someone wasn’t able to see these things and point them out to you before your purchase. I would have ran away from that thing as fast as I could.

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your opinion. Truck only has 46 thousand km on it. I just want it back running and driving perfect. It was just saftied,certified, two weeks ago it’s weird how it passed safety so easy.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford sent me this and asked what parts I need to bring my rear back to stock ?

Listed below at minimum without seeing the rear. Would have to climb in and look

X4 5705
X2 5729
X4 HN1

Maybe
X2 5708
X2 5798

And to just follow on the other comment, it is unfortunate that you got stuck with this poorly thought out lift. But it's not like the truck is going to explode. The CVs and bushings and such aren't the biggest deals. They probably are fried but they are not some crisis to replace. Just cost some coin as you go especially if you can't do it yourself. But you can change as you go.

Also, I would definitely consider taking it to a shop to have them give it a once over to go back to stock. It's not the easiest going back from the unknown.

As far as cost, I can only estimate if you went with some aftermarket leaf springs and kept the eibachs. I would estimate probably 3K USD for new leafs and labor to install the leaf springs and remove the spacers up front. CV joint replacement would be extra. All OEM parts to go back to stock is probably similarly priced (maybe a little cheaper or maybe a bit higher or a lot higher if the dealer charges a ton).

OP
OP
Justin3773

Justin3773

Reaction score
Thanks for your honest opinion. I was hoping the truck was not a junkyard truck now the way people are putting it lol. I’m sure once it’s figured it will run as good as new. With 28 thousand miles I’m sure ire I’ll be ok. I got the Truck for 10k cheaper then most around here with the mileage so I’m fine spending whatever to get it perfect.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it's unrepairable. Remove the front spacers, keep the eibachs as most consider them an upgrade over stock. They are also required since you have taller tires.

For the rear, remove the block and air bags if you don't need them, they just limit travel. If you don't want to buy the stock parts, consider replacing the leaf springs with either Icon or Deavers to give you the added height, but also improve over the stock suspension.

Have a shop check the IWE while they're removing the front spacers. One could be damaged or not working and that could cause it to pull to one side in 4wd

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing if you want to just start over, post some "wanted" ads for the stock parts (blocks, springs, control arms, axles, etc) and see what sticks. The local craigslist or facebook marketplace may be a good place to start as well. Shops well-versed in raptors may be hard to find but if you are able to, see what they have for spare parts from installs. Often shops will sell those cheap or free since otherwise they would just be tossing them.

For wheels and tires, you will most likely have to get 35" tires or check the same used marketplaces for a set of stock wheel / tire takeoffs.