2016 Snoball Preparations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@YukonJoe my wife needs some counseling, for the last 3 years of birthdays and Christmases I have asked for springs, shocks or even what I call truck bucks with no luck now to her credit I still get great gifts i.e. 2 bottles of aged bourbon this time. Last B-day a trip to VORE so she is great. Many years ago I did get car parts but no luck lately.

By the way those are good looking shocks!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting closer
799e8bc8d7aac5c8d1df5c7cfd5b667e.jpg

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $5 for a chance to win
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=939916
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@YukonJoe are youall on your way to the pre run? I will be right by the bridge starting tomorrow for the week if youall need some help.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to try and get mine further up on the roof so it will act as a better ground plane . As much as I want to keep it in the center I will have it to the right or left of one of the roof strakes. Will just need to see how far up before the sunroof gets in the way

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Yeah, my OCD wouldn't let me put it to the side of one of the ridges. There is a break in each ridge near the middle but that would likely interfere with the sunroof. Besides with the Breedlove mount you need to access the underside to tighten and connect cables. I would have had to drop the liner and aint nobody got time for that!

Be aware that there is a support beam running front to back in the centre which made accessing the underside of the NMO mount a major PITA. Also unless you are going to install an inch or two in front of the third brake light there is no point removing the light. There is structure behind it preventing access further forward under the headliner.

You may be able to install a regular small NMO mount on top of one of the ridges. Worth considering.

A 150mhz wave has a length of circa 2m. They say ground plane size is best at least 1/4 of wavelength so circa 50cm or 20 inches. Try to get it 20 inches from the rear if you can.

Last edited: