2014 Raptor vs 2014 Sierra Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M64D RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was always a GM guy until the Raptor came out. Now instead of GMs I am on my second Raptor and my wife drives a new Fusion. I use to hate fords, their looks, reliability. I worked in a Chevy garage back in the late 90's and I fixed more Fords than anything. Ford has changed their game. You won't regret getting one. Even when I'm filing the tank at the gas station I laugh. It's a badass truck and she needs to be fed. Post where you are living and see if you can hook up with a local member. Let them take you on a spirited ride. You will be sold. Good luck on your Raptor purchase and be sure to check out the "Dealers selling at or near invoice thread"

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been a GM truck guy since I was 15!! My last truck was a 2009 Sierra Denali, and I thought it was awesome and did everything really well! I really liked the AWD system, since I live in Alaska, and it handled the bad weather extremely well! That said, I now drive a '13 Raptor Crew and cannot imagine going back to the Denali - not in the least! The Raptor is an awesome do anything truck, and I'm sure you'll be super happy with it...The only negative is some of the parking spots are a bit narrow for it...I park way out in most lots anyways (I detest door dings) so this isn't much trouble!

GMC still puts out a great truck (if you like being stuck in 1999 styling)....Hopefully they'll get with it someday and do a total overhaul of their truck!!

I had the Denali for 3 years before I sold it and never had anyone chase me down to talk about how neat of a truck it was...I've had my Raptor for 3 months now, and it happens almost everytime I'm out in it running around!! They really are cool trucks!! Good luck with your choice!

sringer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a little something I think will help you out...

I was in the EXACT same situation as you are. Excpet the new '14 silverado. I have always LOVED chevy's and HATED fords...I never wanted to own a ford in my life. I always thought they looked awesome, but ive always thought they were built crappy. Well, i was leaning heavily towards getting a silverado, when..multiple things went thru my head.

I knew I didnt want to lift whatever truck i got because i just got rid of a 2007 lifted jeep wrangler on 37's and i hated how it drove and they need alot of maintenence...i was "ok" with the idea of owning and driving a stock silverado but i thought id get bored...and the 6.2l wasnt released yet and i knew i wanted HP :)

All of a sudden...this is when the raptor popped into my mind..35's from factory...beefy amazing handling suspension...beefy fenders...looks badass...has 6.2 from factory..handles like a stock cadillac meaning not sloppy like lifted rig on 35's...

i was talking to my friends about my dilemma and one of them said "the silverado is plain and boring, its an old mans truck" "the raptor screams young and its badass"

I ended up justifying buying a ford because..."its a RAPTOR, NOT a ford" lol thats how i looked at it. I chuckled at myself when i drove straight to the dealer on my next day off and had them doing trade in value on my car and finding me the fully loaded raptor of my dreams because i never wanted to own a ford. Found one in seattle that they got the perfect deal on for me...and I had it the next week...I couldnt be happier with my truck. it is so badass and turns heads and i want to drive it every where. i love it. the 38gal fill up sucks! but shes worth every penny. Havent looked back once.

Hope this helps?

Sean

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came from a 2012 2500HD z71. Good quality truck. Better towing capacity and cheaper sticker price are literally the only benefits of the Silverado.

Get the Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I read your post before reading all the replies it seemed clear to me you were leaning towards the Raptor. Go with your gut and quit second guessing yourself. I have not seen one person that regrets their decision on purchasing this amazing piece of engineering. Go to the dealer tomorrow and order your Raptor!

Gaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously looked at both trucks. I have had my 2013 SCREW since May and I really can't believe the feeling of the Raptor. On or off road it's unique and never disappoints. I have had GM Trucks before and I have always had a breaking in period where I needed to get a few build quality items looked at when servicing. I can honestly say that I haven't got one complaint so far with the Raptor. If you worry about the gas then this isn't the truck for you. I write it all off through the business and keep smiling. This is the happiest I have been with any vehicle I have owned.

OP
OP
BIZZnice

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to GMC of course they didn't have a denali to test drive, so I hopped in a lifted All terrain, I had to fight to keep it straight it was so brutal to drive and I'm think damn the Raptor had 35 inch tires and it was like jumping in my car and driving down the road it was a blast comfortable and enjoyable. No Denali's to compare to except the one that was sold on the showroom floor, I didn't like the color which I thought I had wanted, and even hoping inside it I was just like not really excited about it, it's just a really nice looking truck but I do feel like is an old man truck that is something for rich 50 year old who wants to drive to work in luxury, comfort, and quiet. I'm 24 and even though I want practicality I still want to feel like I'm younger and I want more of a touring exhaust note opposed to a dead silent 6.2 V8, I want to be able to hear it but enjoy cruising on the highway to go on vacation or something. I don't think I would get 22s but I think I would eventually move to 20's that allows for bigger tires but not too aggressive looking.

sringer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went to GMC of course they didn't have a denali to test drive, so I hopped in a lifted All terrain, I had to fight to keep it straight it was so brutal to drive and I'm think damn the Raptor had 35 inch tires and it was like jumping in my car and driving down the road it was a blast comfortable and enjoyable. No Denali's to compare to except the one that was sold on the showroom floor, I didn't like the color which I thought I had wanted, and even hoping inside it I was just like not really excited about it, it's just a really nice looking truck but I do feel like is an old man truck that is something for rich 50 year old who wants to drive to work in luxury, comfort, and quiet. I'm 24 and even though I want practicality I still want to feel like I'm younger and I want more of a touring exhaust note opposed to a dead silent 6.2 V8, I want to be able to hear it but enjoy cruising on the highway to go on vacation or something. I don't think I would get 22s but I think I would eventually move to 20's that allows for bigger tires but not too aggressive looking.

I Rock the 20's on my raptor. I'm 21 lol I still have 35's

Sent from my iPhone5 using LTE

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

really do not over think it . it is a gut reaction to driving it. so the three most important things are.

one drive it .

two drive it faster.

three drive it hard offroad.

6point2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother just got a 2014 Denali and that thing is nice as hell. I still like my 2011 raptor better though