2014 clicking noise 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grabs10

Reaction score
Picked up my 14 last week. Loving the truck. I do have an issue and it may have been discussed here but didn't see anything in a brief search. When in 4x4 under acceleration there is a ticking/clicking noise coming from the left front. Doesn't matter if its dry or slick roads. No clicking that I can detect if not accelerating and just maintaining speed. I don't think it's the torsion diff as it happens if there is no wheel slip. The sound is best described as what a bad u joint sounds like. I'm thinking something with the hub or cv joint. Didnt by it local so just trying to educate myself before taking it into the dealer and not sure of the reception I may get. Any ideas?? Thanks and apologize in advance if something like this have been covered.

Meh

Reaction score
Are you using 4x4 on the street?
If so this noise is going to happen from binding mostly when turning
since it is a part time 4x4 system 4x4 shouldn't be used on streets unless its covered in snow(in this truck probably nothing less than 2 inches) or ice.

If not i hope the dealer can help you out

OP
OP
G

grabs10

Reaction score
That click my friend is your blown iwe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn thing came from the factory with a blown one. Made the noise the first time I have put it in 4x4. It's not an engage cluck. It's just a constant ticking sound when accelerator in 4x4 or if I'm on ice spinning its a little more noticeable and can slightly feel the tick in the steer wheel as the front left tire spins. Prolly take it to the dealer Friday.

Also sorry for my ignorance.... IWE is an short for what???? Automatic hubs???
Thanks.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Okay found it (integrated wheel end)

Last edited: