GEN 1 2013 Raptor Rear end fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAQ51

Reaction score
I recall seeing posts saying friction modifier is not necessary in our electronic lock differentials. I intent to swap my fluid and wanted to confirm to NOT use friction modifier in my rear end, correct? 25k miles with a mag-hytec cover.

Dealer swears manual calls for it.

730E5C57-343D-4AD4-8E58-26FDB401DA86.jpeg

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will know as soon as you open the differential, friction modifier smells absolutely foul. If it doesn't smell like a rotting skunks carcass that has been dipped in sewage, slathered with deer **** then perfumed with Durian fruit it probably didn't have friction modifier and won't need more.

Forum consensus is that it is not required. The E-locker does not use Limited slip plates.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You will know as soon as you open the differential, friction modifier smells absolutely foul. If it doesn't smell like a rotting skunks carcass that has been dipped in sewage, slathered with deer **** then perfumed with Durian fruit it probably didn't have friction modifier and won't need more.

I cast my vote for B E N to be hired by Fox News!!!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should be feel offended or complimented, I don't really follow news, only TV i have is Hulu and MTOD.