2013 Raptor transfer case fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAQ51

Reaction score
Hello, I have done my diligence on this but looking for some confirmation. My local dealership Tuttle Click Ford said “transfer case fluid” is NO longer available and sold me 3 quarts of mercon LV for a transfer case fluid change this weekend. I this correct? Can I get confirmation friction modifier is NOT to be used in the transfer case? Truck has 25k miles. Thank you in advance.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When all else fails look in the owners manual to see if it agrees with the advice you get on the interweb ( I know it's not a word) if the two don't match, investigate further.

Corrected :hidesbehindsofa:

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Torsen differentials do not contain clutches, not necessary for the design.

Torsen.com says it is not neccasary to use a friction modifier, but they go on to state: if your OEM says to use it you should. The more friction the faster the Torsen will lock, since the Supplemental calls for it, use it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Torsen differentials do not contain clutches, not necessary for the design.

Torsen.com says it is not neccasary to use a friction modifier, but they go on to state: if your OEM says to use it you should. The more friction the faster the Torsen will lock, since the Supplemental calls for it, use it.
Great video, thanks for sharing.