2013 bad engine, best reman option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PD1744

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you had your 6.2 rebuilt, did they upgrade any weaknesses, and if so, what are the problem areas? Like yours threw a rod, right? What mods made that fail? Were you supercharged?

I don't think there were any glaring weaknesses. The thing is stout. The cylinder that was lost had a small crack in it, so we sleeved it. Engine came out of my buddy's truck. He lost it after his first tune up, so he caught it quick. It bent the rod. Piston grenaded. So I guess that could be the weak link. We think it had a bad head gasket and took in water. I rebuilt it with nice parts and/or OEM. I tried to upgrade the rods and pistons but couldn't get the right aftermarket rods and the pistons didn't work with OEM rods. Engine was basically stock. Truck only had a Volant intake and Corsa exhaust as far as we know. So naturally aspirated.

Johnny Raptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah the kaboom and pyrotechnic show was really neat.

Like Grumpy Stereo Guy said, no Ford blocks nowhere.

The shop I took mine to had some connections and I got a complete motor out of an insurance totaled Rap. 80K on it.

Yours sounds rebuildable. @PD1744 has been rebuilding a 6.2 for a while and he's somewhere in the Carolinas

6.2 Window Edition:
View attachment 397720
That looks familiar! Had the same problem in April 2021. Found a Ford reman 6.2 and installed it. It was a tough motor to find!FFEFEF65-5EA3-4716-989B-519F21ED6C4A.jpeg283A90EE-F0EB-41AF-B78F-BC460995E223.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
A point of question, is it prohibitive to shoehorn a 7.3 in?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was asking because the 6.2 is getting increasingly more difficult to source but the 7.3 is new prod and will be around a lot longer. It seems like a good place to start.