2012 - New to the Gang

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WellingtonB

Reaction score
Picked up this 2012 with 118K Miles. Looking forward to learning more about it and upgrading here and there. Couple of questions off the bat (I'm sure they're dumb and must have been covered somewhere...):

Spare Key - Only came with one key. Should I bother ordering a second factory key or will the keypad and another plain key suffice?

Rev Limiter - Where can I disconnect the rev limiter? :D Kidding, but something is definitely going on here. Driving up to 100MPH and it literally stops accelerating right there. Tried this 3 times so far with the same results. What gives? It can't be scared, it's a Raptor!

Remote Start - Does not appear to function. Any known issues here?

Rattle - Slight rattle in the dash somewhere. Had a Duramax diesel with same issue that I fixed with a bit of rubber molding. Any common areas rattles occur?

Spare - It's appears the spare tire changing tools are all gone. Furthermore, the key cylinder assembly is completely missing from the rear bumper. Spare tire is still there but useless to me if I can't get it down and installed.

Camper Shell - Already removed. No need for me. May look into a rolling tonneau cover in the future if I find the need.

ffcacb4d8337f6501ef2d68d29c80b2f.jpg

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Picked up this 2012 with 118K Miles. Looking forward to learning more about it and upgrading here and there. Couple of questions off the bat (I'm sure they're dumb and must have been covered somewhere...):

Spare Key - Only came with one key. Should I bother ordering a second factory key or will the keypad and another plain key suffice?

Rev Limiter - Where can I disconnect the rev limiter? :D Kidding, but something is definitely going on here. Driving up to 100MPH and it literally stops accelerating right there. Tried this 3 times so far with the same results. What gives? It can't be scared, it's a Raptor!

Remote Start - Does not appear to function. Any known issues here?

Rattle - Slight rattle in the dash somewhere. Had a Duramax diesel with same issue that I fixed with a bit of rubber molding. Any common areas rattles occur?

Spare - It's appears the spare tire changing tools are all gone. Furthermore, the key cylinder assembly is completely missing from the rear bumper. Spare tire is still there but useless to me if I can't get it down and installed.

Camper Shell - Already removed. No need for me. May look into a rolling tonneau cover in the future if I find the need.

View attachment 150486

First of all congrats on the purchase. Gen1s rock!

for me I NEVER have had a need for the spare key. They literally both stay in the truck all the time. I use the keypad all day everyday. Including airport parking lots, beaches, and not the best downtown areas. I’m more likely to lose them vs anything else.

from what I remember the factory set speed limit is 100, actually remember 103, but a simple tuner will let you pull that off no problem.

you’d prob do best to spend a day and go through ALL your fuses, easiest place to check. Also not meaning to be rude but what sequence are you using on the remote maybe you just have the order wrong?

I’m not aware of any known rattles any thoughts of which side? Plastic to plastic sound?

As far as the spare tires tools I have a set..I think.. you are welcome to have just cover shipping. You shouldn’t need the lock cylinder in the bumper to have spare functionality. That’s only there for security.

And last I would hold on the the camper for a little while I had one and it was awesome for a road trip then we got rid of it and now I kinda wish I would have kept it for our next roadtrip

Congrats again. Welcome to the forum.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds like it’s just broke in. Should be ready for some fun.

Enjoy it.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place and congrats on a beautiful truck. If I were you, I would get a spare key and get it programmed, if you ever lost the one key it will cost you 3 times as much to get a key produced as just having 1 key copy made. You get it done at any dealer.

OP
OP
WellingtonB

WellingtonB

Reaction score
from what I remember the factory set speed limit is 100, actually remember 103, but a simple tuner will let you pull that off no problem.

you’d prob do best to spend a day and go through ALL your fuses, easiest place to check. Also not meaning to be rude but what sequence are you using on the remote maybe you just have the order wrong?

I’m not aware of any known rattles any thoughts of which side? Plastic to plastic sound?

As far as the spare tires tools I have a set..I think.. you are welcome to have just cover shipping. You shouldn’t need the lock cylinder in the bumper to have spare functionality. That’s only there for security.

And last I would hold on the the camper for a little while I had one and it was awesome for a road trip then we got rid of it and now I kinda wish I would have kept it for our next roadtrip

Congrats again. Welcome to the forum.

Yeah - this limit must be remedied. I have never worked with a tuner. Can you recommend one or point me in the right direction? Some zombies can run faster than 100MPH. Need the speed to get away!

Not rude at all. I've been known to search for my sunglasses and have found them on my face... I did read the manual and followed what I believe to be the correct sequence. I'll check fuses!

Appreciate the offer of the tools. If you have an opportunity to check and see what yo have, I'd be happy to take you up on your offer. Thank you.

I did consider keeping the shell, however, I have absolutely zero storage...Posted it on CL.

Welcome to the place and congrats on a beautiful truck. If I were you, I would get a spare key and get it programmed, if you ever lost the one key it will cost you 3 times as much to get a key produced as just having 1 key copy made. You get it done at any dealer.

The added expense here 'if' I ever lost this key is something to consider. Good point. I'll get a quote on an actual factory spare key.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah - this limit must be remedied. I have never worked with a tuner. Can you recommend one or point me in the right direction? Some zombies can run faster than 100MPH. Need the speed to get away!

Not rude at all. I've been known to search for my sunglasses and have found them on my face... I did read the manual and followed what I believe to be the correct sequence. I'll check fuses!

Appreciate the offer of the tools. If you have an opportunity to check and see what yo have, I'd be happy to take you up on your offer. Thank you.

I did consider keeping the shell, however, I have absolutely zero storage...Posted it on CL.

The added expense here 'if' I ever lost this key is something to consider. Good point. I'll get a quote on an actual factory spare key.

I run the SCT BDX though i would have got the livewire if i did it over again. the SCT software developers are right now the street from me so it works well for me. I have heard other complain about SCT but i like it. ill look and see what i have and let you know

SVTRap

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site!

Just for ***** and giggles, unlock the truck, lock and then press the remote start button twice. Another item to check is the fob battery. Mine seems to keep going through them at an exponential rate