2012, new control arms?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f16YODA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard it the same way, but the pictures do look slightly different. Maybe if we actually get some '12s in our hands we could figure it out...

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well the way the sticker faces on the shock is different... which means 2" more of travel :)

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is different, which cant be told by that picture, it would only be made cheaper. The MCR (material cost reduction) department would have found a way to reduce production costs for better ROS... I havent heard anything about a change in the arm. If there was my old department( building 4 fastener testing) would have had to rerun the arms and they would have told me... Since everytime they do raptor testing my buddy calls me and says hey, you need to sell me your old raptor and by you one of the newer ones better ones. LOL

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense Randy, thanks for confirming. However, the arm still kinda looks different in the pic...just my humble opinion.

More importantly, I am so stoked to soon be an owner of a 2012 Raptor LOADED. Ever since '09 I wonder'd why I kept waiting....now I know why....Ford really made some big changes each year but especially in 2012 and each was the right change/upgrade.

From smoother Tranny @ low shifts--to cooled seats (heck, its a desert truck for heaven sakes)--front diff--blue int is better than orange--new wheels--front camera + all other etc. Just awesome!

2012 Raptor is by far the best truck ever built to date. WHERE IS MY VIN!!?? LOLOL

*Happy Early Turkey Day!

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two pictures look different but my 10 looks just like the arm pictured in the 12 picture.

MurciToRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was watching this video on youtube:
NEW 2012 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor Truck - Beast !!! - YouTube

And thought they mentioned that control arms were new for 2012.
I found two images to compare the two back-to-back but am not sure if there is in fact a difference.

Can anyone spot the difference? Can someone confirm if this is true?
Thanks all,
MMP

The 2012 control arm show the same thickness from the shock going to the left, the 2011 dirtier control arm gets thinner going to the left no? :waytogo:

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man, seeing that big ass monitor in the dash on the second video makes me want to change my order again....and delete it.