2012 Lil Sahara Raptor Dune Run - Pics, Videos, and Report

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skjr001

Reaction score
I had a great time and it was nice meeting everyone. It is amazing what these trucks will do! I'm looking forward to the next outing at Little Sahara! It sucks being back at work.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where are some nightime pics? i just realized i didnt take any.

damage update, torn cv boot also. but i think thats because i drove home with the hub locked at 80 mph, because i gave it a look before i headed home and everything was good.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where are some nightime pics? i just realized i didnt take any.

damage update, torn cv boot also. but i think thats because i drove home with the hub locked at 80 mph, because i gave it a look before i headed home and everything was good.

night time pics? i just want more pictures in general!!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I've got some.... My computer is being finicky...will get them up soon...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a great time and it was nice meeting everyone. It is amazing what these trucks will do! I'm looking forward to the next outing at Little Sahara! It sucks being back at work.

Good running with ya Steve. Poor guy popped his Raptor cherry chasing us around in the dark Saturday night. Pucker factor was 10 outa 10 I bet. Big difference running again Sunday morning and actually able to see the dunes and hazards huh?

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Check and see if your spindle is bent.

Spine or spindle haha. Back is damn sore but nothing broken. Just soft tissue torqued. I guess I'm gonna need to start planning a day or two of recuperation time after these runs haha.

Would it have driven smoothly if spindle was bent? Other than very slight drift to the left, truck drove same as before

skjr001

Reaction score
Yeah, running around at night was insane! I realized how much I need to upgrade my lighting before our next trip. I wished I could have stayed and watched you launch your truck, but we had a convoy headed back to Texas. I love the video, just watching it makes me want upgrade the suspension!

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toyo M/T's are TOUGH!!! Was giving Wheela a ride to showcase the 3.0 difference. Flying through the whoops and terrain with some sideways action at times. No telling how long on rim. A guy on dune runner kept trying to wave us down, but we thought he was just another friendly fan. Finally caught up to us again and gave us the kill it signal. We stopped and wow couldn't believe how well it had been running like that.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350332326.833346.jpg

Changing a tire in sinking sand is definitely a challenge, but WSI has some serious gear built into his bed cage. Everyone pitched in and made quick work of it. Thanks guys! MovinOn Ed had a really nice compressor that actually was strong enough to seat the bead back on the rim, but still no go b/c the valve stem had gotten damaged and leaked. (Ed says a very good price for this one on Amazon)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350332919.100779.jpg

Found a tire shop in town, got a new stem, and right back on the truck she goes. Tough Tire! Was running my tires at 22 psi. Which was first? Pounding truck hard sideways - did I just break a stem or did I break the bead off the rim, and then damage the stem? Should I avoid intentionally sliding slideways with a tire pressure of 22?

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, running around at night was insane! I realized how much I need to upgrade my lighting before our next trip. I wished I could have stayed and watched you launch your truck, but we had a convoy headed back to Texas. I love the video, just watching it makes me want upgrade the suspension!

You sir are on your way! Ballsy guys like yourself definitely need suspension upgrade immediately. RPG Stage 3 to keep that new frame straight!

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

I just want more pictures in general!!

Hey Drew, nice meeting ya! We are all workin overtime to find a picture of someone driving your truck besides Frank haha. Have to get off work so can start in on it. Maybe you should offer a reward for Wheela pics!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Sounds like a blast John. Wish I could've joined you guys.
Yeah we missed ya out there. Thought you and Greg would make it for sure since you are pretty close. Next time. Get that frame kit!