2012 conversion to 2013 OEM projector headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasfergus

Reaction score
Hello. I bought a one owner 2012 Raptor SCREW in 2016. The previous owner had upgraded the headlights to the 2013 Ford OEM projectors with a Morimoto relay and harness. He had to replace the relay once before I bought it and it just went down again. I contacted Morimoto and they said "the harness has been significantly improved" in recent years. Has anyone had experience with Morimoto recently or have another suggestion for a conversion harness. I would like to keep the 2013 Ford headlights.

brink

Reaction score
My morimoto has been fine for almost 2 years through Montana winters. The key is to use the grounds on the back of the radiator support and also I electrical taped the shit out of every connection to protect it from moisture and corrosion. I do carry an extra harness in the truck though so if the relay goes down somewhere remote at night i can change it out.

viper238

Reaction score
Get some dielectric grease to put in the contacts/ connections and ground points. Clean up the grounds points with a little sand paper and put some dielectric grease on them. It will prevent corrosion/ rust and aid in connectivity.