Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2012 conversion to 2013 OEM projector headlights

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Problems and Questions Forum' started by jasfergus, Jun 12, 2019.

1. jasfergus

jasfergus Member

Hello. I bought a one owner 2012 Raptor SCREW in 2016. The previous owner had upgraded the headlights to the 2013 Ford OEM projectors with a Morimoto relay and harness. He had to replace the relay once before I bought it and it just went down again. I contacted Morimoto and they said "the harness has been significantly improved" in recent years. Has anyone had experience with Morimoto recently or have another suggestion for a conversion harness. I would like to keep the 2013 Ford headlights.

2. brink

brink Member

My morimoto has been fine for almost 2 years through Montana winters. The key is to use the grounds on the back of the radiator support and also I electrical taped the shit out of every connection to protect it from moisture and corrosion. I do carry an extra harness in the truck though so if the relay goes down somewhere remote at night i can change it out.

3. viper238

viper238 Member

Get some dielectric grease to put in the contacts/ connections and ground points. Clean up the grounds points with a little sand paper and put some dielectric grease on them. It will prevent corrosion/ rust and aid in connectivity.