2012 6.2L Magnaflow or Roush exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prybar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great sound. However, I can't get why they went for the rear exit. I already bent the crap out of my trailer plug-ins bracket on the hitch during an off road adventure a few weekends ago. Though, I wonder how that exhaust would sound with turndowns before the axle? Hmmmm....

How about we just fab one up with the same muffler and do a side exit before the rear tire with an oblong roundish-ovalish exit cut to follow the side of the truck?

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i prefer the out the back look personally. and i dont have to drive thru real rough terrain very often, if at all, so no worries for me. but also im quite sure you could just dump it by the axle no problem if the tips are that big an issue.

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the MagnaFlow cat-back now and was looking for something slightly more aggressive, not much more, just something with a little more guts. Roush has me interested from all I read and hear here. Anyone had both? or heard both to compare?

Also, should there be any issues swapping out the current exhaust, i.e. need new tube section or something?

Anyone interested in a previously ownen MagnaFlow cat-back if I do the switch for cheap?

BrandonSVT

Reaction score
I have the MagnaFlow cat-back now and was looking for something slightly more aggressive, not much more, just something with a little more guts. Roush has me interested from all I read and hear here. Anyone had both? or heard both to compare?

Also, should there be any issues swapping out the current exhaust, i.e. need new tube section or something?

Anyone interested in a previously ownen MagnaFlow cat-back if I do the switch for cheap?

If you still have the resonator with the magnaflow, you should delete that and see if it sounds better. I am doing this sometime on my Screw just for more volume. I think the magnaflow has a better tone than the roush.