2011 Molten Orange question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So, I randomly bought a 2011 molten orange raptor. It seems like it has every option available including the molten interior accents.

My question is how rare is the molten interior? The previous owner did a shit job taking care of the leather and its starting to crack. Pricing new OEM seat covers (retail) is like 9,000.00... I couldn't believe the price...

My friend who works Ford said it was a pretty rare setup and the truck was worth way more with the rough molten interior then if I just ordered new black raptor seats... is that true?

Not trying to spend 9k on seat covers, but also don't wanna devalue this thing either...

First raptor but I love it!

IMG_20210311_145014_819.jpg

IMG_20210311_173310_182.jpg

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree that an upholsterer may be best. How much extra do you think YOU paid for the orange interior accents? The reason I ask is unless you are planning to preserve it simply as an investment, which is probably not a good investment, I think the condition will be more important than the color. What makes you happy is all that matters! Great looking truck!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. COngrats on a beautiful Gen 1 Raptor. Keep the original color interior. You can always put black in it, but keep the original covers and when you have the time and money get the inserts replaced at an upholstery shop. You can do the covers yourself. It's just the fronts needing replacing I assume, the rears are usually pretty good in these trucks. Do the drivers heated seat element while you are at it, it's cheap.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The covers are easy to change out. Look for a set of NOS ones and shelf them. Mine are cracked as well, part of leather I think. You can find the covers for around $450/set. I don't care quite that much.

I think all the molten trucks came with molten interiors. It is a rare and desirable color, definitely the best one, but not the rarest color for a raptor. Just enjoy the truck, that is the best way for the investment to appreciate.

There will always be an upholsterer who can redo them down the road.

OP
OP
MoltenTroublemaker
Reaction score
I agree that an upholsterer may be best. How much extra do you think YOU paid for the orange interior accents? The reason I ask is unless you are planning to preserve it simply as an investment, which is probably not a good investment, I think the condition will be more important than the color. What makes you happy is all that matters! Great looking truck!

My OCD has no limits. I'm not restoring it so much as satisfying my need for a clean interior haha

OP
OP
MoltenTroublemaker
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. COngrats on a beautiful Gen 1 Raptor. Keep the original color interior. You can always put black in it, but keep the original covers and when you have the time and money get the inserts replaced at an upholstery shop. You can do the covers yourself. It's just the fronts needing replacing I assume, the rears are usually pretty good in these trucks. Do the drivers heated seat element while you are at it, it's cheap.

The rears are just as bad, blew my mind too haha. It seems to be just the molten perforated leather thats not holding up. It is 10yrs old now though.