2011 Crew Cab Potential Buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewGuy

Reaction score
I've been observing and researching on here for a little while now. I have a chance to pick up a 2011 crew cab with 197,000km (122,400 miles) on it. Looks to be in very nice shape based on pictures and the owner's comments. Probably going to go take a look at it this weekend. I have the guy down to $20k CAD, which I believe is a good price, but I'm still wary about the number of miles on it. He does claim that it has never been off-road and that they are almost all highway models. Based on where the truck is, both are very likely. As for what he has done to it, he said he has done the following:
1. Fox Shox set to mid perch.
2. 37x13.5 Toyo RT's on 18" Method NV's.
3. K&N CAI.
4. SCT X4 Tuner with 5star Tunes (he states 460hp, but not sure where he got that number from).
5. Spyder Tech Headlights converted to LED.
6. Custom Exhaust (talking to him now to figure out what exhaust exactly).

So, question for you guys is whether or not it sounds like a reasonable price based on what I have told you or if I should hold off? I appreciate all of your opinions.
Thanks.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what the current exchange rate between US and CAD, but $20,000 US is a smoking deal... The 6.2 is solidly reliable and that many miles should not be an issue if it was maintained as he says. I'd also check out the rocker panels for rust, as you are in Canada and this is a known issue on these trucks. How did he fit the 37s? did he cut the pinch welds? I'd ensure a decent job was done, and check for other signs of rubbing from the 37s. Try to find out if/when the shocks were last rebuilt, too. They don't last forever. Lastly, the so-called "cold air Intakes" are largely over hyped, and do not generally filter as well as a paper element, though in a wet environment you probably don't have too much dust. If you can, remove the intake at the throttle body and see how it looks. Any dirt? How does the oil look? Does he have the stock intake still? Good luck and post pics if you get it.

OP
OP
N

NewGuy

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. So, with that tire and wheel setup, it would require a bit of cutting to get them to fit at mid perch? To be honest, I've always felt the same with you regarding CAI's. Would you recommend put the intake back to stock over the K&N? I believe he still has the stock components as he said he could put it back to stock.
I have attached a few of the picture he has sent me just for you to take a look.
I appreciate the help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg