2011 6.2 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My First post. Great Forums. Very informative.

I am flying in to the US in a couple of weeks. I am looking to get a used (already titled) 2011 6.2L Raptor, (Silver or Black preferred). Anywhere on West Coast or closed to CA is fine. This will be for export. Cash buyer. I just need to drive it to LA to hand it over to shipping agent for sea freight. Nav + Graphics package are not needed but wouldn't mind getting a deal if included.

Once the sale is concluded; i understand that the previous owner will take his section of the title and hand me the rest after we both sign the back; is that the same in case of a dealer? wouldn't the dealer already signed the back with the previous owner who he took the used vehicle from? Do car dealer keep titled for pre-owned vehicle or it get canceled and i need to issue a new title for pre-owned vehicle? Its just easier for me to export a vehicle that already have a clean title.

Also, once i get it from a private seller; if i got my own insurance; then legally can drive it to LA on his plate as long as i have my own insurance?

Can anyone confirm the ground clearance is 10" according to web sites i researched. I do have a TJ with 6" lift kit and 33" BFG tires but while looking at pictures, it seems my TJ have a slightly higher ground clearance than the 35" BFG Raptor. I really dont want to start a TJ vs Raptor thread; i am getting a Raptor regardless :waytogo: so lets not go down that road; i am sure it was covered some time before. Just want to see the clearance part.

Thanx to all…

beefcake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My First post. Great Forums. Very informative.

I am flying in to the US in a couple of weeks. I am looking to get a used (already titled) 2011 6.2L Raptor, (Silver or Black preferred). Anywhere on West Coast or closed to CA is fine. This will be for export. Cash buyer. I just need to drive it to LA to hand it over to shipping agent for sea freight. Nav + Graphics package are not needed but wouldn't mind getting a deal if included.

Once the sale is concluded; i understand that the previous owner will take his section of the title and hand me the rest after we both sign the back; is that the same in case of a dealer? wouldn't the dealer already signed the back with the previous owner who he took the used vehicle from? Do car dealer keep titled for pre-owned vehicle or it get canceled and i need to issue a new title for pre-owned vehicle? Its just easier for me to export a vehicle that already have a clean title.

Also, once i get it from a private seller; if i got my own insurance; then legally can drive it to LA on his plate as long as i have my own insurance?

Can anyone confirm the ground clearance is 10" according to web sites i researched. I do have a TJ with 6" lift kit and 33" BFG tires but while looking at pictures, it seems my TJ have a slightly higher ground clearance than the 35" BFG Raptor. I really dont want to start a TJ vs Raptor thread; i am getting a Raptor regardless :waytogo: so lets not go down that road; i am sure it was covered some time before. Just want to see the clearance part.

Thanx to all…

Dealers typically do things a little differently. The title will already be in the dealers name. If it is an individual buying, we have to send the title to the BMV to have it converted to the new owners name. Whether it's out of state or not or out of the country.

I've titled vehilces all over the world. Antartica, France, Uraguay, etc..

OP
OP
R

Raider2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers typically do things a little differently. The title will already be in the dealers name. If it is an individual buying, we have to send the title to the BMV to have it converted to the new owners name. Whether it's out of state or not or out of the country.

I've titled vehilces all over the world. Antartica, France, Uraguay, etc..

So you mean if I bought from a dealer, they won't just give me the title which in their name signed? How long that will take to get the title back? And wouldn't there be charges for that. I understood that if I am not going to register the vehicle in the state or any state then I don't need to pay the reg fees and usage fees as those are taken on registration and considering it is for export then no need for the extra cost! Correct me please if my understanding is wrong.

What happen if I buy a brand new one, can I still export it without title?

Thanx for your reply.