20" Tire Choices...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On our trucks, we run the Toyos, both MT and ATs... We fine they wear a little better, and are quieter than some other tires we've done. Nitto makes a solid tire as well, but we have a little preference toward the Toyo.

SuperRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how everyone gets up on their high horse about 20" wheels and off-roading, blah blah blah

20's and 35's work just fine. Hell I've ran the hell out of my 8,500 pound F-350 on 35x12.50R20 Toyo Mud Terrains towing, etc and never had a problem with the tires.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Still not true. Toyo own's Nitto, but that doesn't mean they are the same. They have different tread patterns, making them completely different tires.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Different patterns and different compounds makes a completely different tire with completely different characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still not true. Toyo own's Nitto, but that doesn't mean they are the same. They have different tread patterns, making them completely different tires.

This is exactly what I was getting at. Different patterns and different compounds makes a completely different tire with completely different characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guise, but the tires use the same overall design, they just vary slightly to separate the two. Nitto has a different target audience and they try to spice their tires up to make them more appealing to a younger enthusiast. Toyo uses a sectional molding method which was passed on to their brother(sister) company Nitto.

Regardless if you consider the trail grap to be bounds and leaps different than the open country, THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY. TOYO=NITTO

Byah - YouTube

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry guise, but the tires use the same overall design, they just vary slightly to separate the two. Nitto has a different target audience and they try to spice their tires up to make them more appealing to a younger enthusiast. Toyo uses a sectional molding method which was passed on to their brother(sister) company Nitto.

Regardless if you consider the trail grap to be bounds and leaps different than the open country, THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY. TOYO=NITTO

I've run both tires on the same truck with the same wheels/suspension from new until bald. They are different tires. Yes, similarities exist. But they both have very different characteristics and their prices reflect that difference.