20 in wheels question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCoffroad

Reaction score
All,

Let me preface this by saying I understand it's taboo sorta to put bigger wheels on the rap. However I will never really use it off road like allot of you. Mostly sand not really climbing up the side of a rocky mountain. So looking to put 20s on the raptor and have a quest for those who may have or know the answer. I think my options are 20x9 or 20x10.. Not looking to changr the profile or diameter just looking for for of an aggressive stance and still maneuver sand. Is there any clearance concerns or need to lift with either option? Thanks

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to provide more info like what offset will your wheels have and what size tire you plan to run.

JLozano

Reaction score
If you are not planning on changing diameter(35”), you will have no issues with a 20 inch wheel. I have a -24 offset wheel and with a level I have no issues or rubbing. I like you do not do hardcore off-roading.

OP
OP
NCoffroad

NCoffroad

Reaction score
If you are not planning on changing diameter(35”), you will have no issues with a 20 inch wheel. I have a -24 offset wheel and with a level I have no issues or rubbing. I like you do not do hardcore off-roading.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Korey

Reaction score
I own an auto repair and tire shop in Auburn,WA and I just got a 2018 Raptor. To answer your question you can fit a 20x9 0 offset wheel on a 35” tire with minimal trimming at stock height, leveled will be no issue. If you go to a 10” wide wheel you will be into a -19 to -25 offset and you’ll need to be leveled to face minimal or more trimming with a 35” tire. If you want to go to a taller tire you’ll be trimming more or lifting taller. You could go to a 325/60/20 tire but the downfall is they are very stiff so your ride quality will diminish. I plan to run a 2.5”/1” lift with 37” General X3 8 ply tires on 20x10 Sota Wheels. I run 37/13.50/20 General Red Letter X3s on my 2015 Jeep JK and think they are one of the best MT tires I’ve driven on.

If you or anyone else is in the Seattle area feel free to hit me up for a deal :)