19 transmission leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brought my 19 raptor in for a early oil change at 2000 miles because of an 1800 mile round-trip I will be taking to New Mexico. When they took off the skid plates they noticed some red drops of fluid. The tech told me it looks like a seal leak. Says it should only take a half a day to fix . The master mechanic was doing the oil change as I know him. I could see how an oil tech could’ve missed it. Anyway You all might want to check yours. He said that it wouldn’t necessarily show up on the transmission temperature gauge and that after it had leaked out enough I would’ve noticed shifting changes in my transmission.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it leaks enough to cause shifting problems you will see it on the ground. It will run off the skid. Still a good heads up.
Thanks
Sam

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 I just bought with 2k miles has the same thing, haven't been able to identify the source yet but it will leave one or two spots on the garage floor.

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the mechanic said he thought it was a seal. Have you not brought yours in to be checked? I hope that’s what it is as he said that would be a fairly simple fix.He did say that his F150 had this problem.

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the mechanic said he thought it was a seal. Have you not brought yours in to be checked? I hope that’s what it is as he said that would be a fairly simple fix.He did say that his F150 had this problem.
I haven't yet, I avoid dealerships like the plague but then again, that's what warranty is for

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it leaks enough to cause shifting problems you will see it on the ground. It will run off the skid. Still a good heads up.
Thanks
Sam

OP
OP
T

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just turned 6700 miles on my 19. Brought it in for an oil change and they noticed a small leak again from the transfer case.Not a lot but yes red transmission fluid on the skid plate. This will be the second time