10k over sticker for a raptor msrp is 79,945 I have a guy in Houston selling it if anybody is interested

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good point, but us lifer's know that Austin has always been a liberal cesspool. Elections are held while UT is in session, which is always apparently, so the voting pool is tainted with retard activists. We came out of the last recession in tact. So, nothing new there.

One last point, I'm in the RE industry and yes there are/were tons of people coming from other parts of the country, but what nobody talks about much is that individual investors, especially from Cali, have been buying up RE here for several years. About 30 percent of my work is for investors that have no intention of moving here at the time being. Many of them buying 2-4 houses. These are H1B visa workers from other countries, one in particular, which is scary. Why we let visa workers buy property here is a whole other ball of wax.

This has created a huge housing shortage for people that want to buy a house to live in. As interest rates rise the pool of homes locals can afford shrinks even more. So they are forced to rent.

It's a mess, but it will take a while to unravel if it ever does.

Who knows what the future holds for Raptor values. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there only a brief window when covid started that you could even get a Raptor below MSRP, going back to 2010?

I have heard of this as well, Green card holders not investing in stocks and the market but housing. They get revenue from rentals and AirBnBs. It has gotten so bad that they are thinking about starting to tax and fee them on top of the charges AirBnB charges. People can buy and pay for what they want too, but the problem is and continues to be over buying. I would pay 100k for very few vehicles and it isn't a Raptor. The new Tundra TRD Pro is going for 80-90k as well but the last Raptor I saw sold for 108k. No I could care less what someone elses pay or buys but unless you have the cash reserves to buy this comfortably. I think it would be a bad purchase. Just doesn't make sense especially when the real MSRP is 70-80k.

One thing interesting is I see dealers having to hold on to used Raptors as well longer than they should. My local dealer has a 19 with 51k miles for 64k and that is kind of crazy.

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t order my gen 3 in Austin. I had to order it from a dealership in Houston. Which if you’d like I can give you his contact. And I mean you’re not wrong. Which is why I’m planning on moving to CO next year.
I hope you're not expecting anything to the right of Austin. CO has turned into a woke shíthōle. The rural parts, not so much, but Denver metro runs the show with 80% of the state population. Leave your guns behind, welcome the wolf, go green, defund the police, and you will fit right in.

OP
OP
V

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you're not expecting anything to the right of Austin. CO has turned into a woke shíthōle. The rural parts, not so much, but Denver metro runs the show with 80% of the state population. Leave your guns behind, welcome the wolf, go green, defund the police, and you will fit right in.
Sounds about right to me. I want to move near friso and all those towns up there. Texas is shit, I hate the heat, and the people.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have that right, move to rural Co or don’t come. Almost all the front range, eastern slope, is a cess pool.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds about right to me. I want to move near friso and all those towns up there. Texas is shit, I hate the heat, and the people.
That Aspen area is woke elite democrat liberal white men hating baby killing dead beats. There and Boulder is the root of Colorado’s problems