100 mph limiter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know this have been asked before but what is the difference in the tires?

And just for fun if I wanted to buy replacement "exact " tires that came with the truck, would I have to get them through Ford ?

The are a different rubber compound. Softer.

You can buy them, but have to know what you are looking for. Best way to get raptor tires is to buy the take offs here on FRF.
uploadfromtaptalk1399693269296.jpg

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Bakeo111

Reaction score
Yes, It was the only way that I knew of. Talk to Mike at 5 star. His tuner is awesome. It will get rid of the sluggish gas pedal. Let me know when you get it I can let you know the do's and do nots.
I did all the do nots and still love it.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
There are 2 types of BFG ATs. R speed rated and S speed rated. The Raptor comes with the S speed rated, which is readily available on tire rack or any tire shop for that matter. They are nothing special.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a new SCT Livewire by 5star...and no more speed limiting. You can actually limit the top end in 1mph or 5mph increments starting as low as 20mph - good if you let someone borrow it

Last edited:

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yesterday I got a new SCT Livewire by 5star...and no more speed limiting. You can actually limit the top end in 5mph increments starting as low as 30mph - good if you let someone borrow it

How do you like it so far? I am planning on getting it next week, and already bought a Proclip USA mount to mount it on the left over the AC vent. I'm also wanting to connect a front facing camera tied to an up fitter switch and see the image on the Livewire.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you like it so far? I am planning on getting it next week, and already bought a Proclip USA mount to mount it on the left over the AC vent. I'm also wanting to connect a front facing camera tied to an up fitter switch and see the image on the Livewire.

I'm very pleased with it. I got it from Freedom Motorsports (sponsor)--------->
with their 10% FRF discount...which helped a lot. As you may have seen in one of my previous posts, I ordered mine with the 6 included tunes; performance, economy, and towing...each in 87 and 93 octanes. I'll give them all a try, but knowing my driving preference, I have a feeling I'll load the 93 performance tune and leave it at that. Then, my Livewire will just become a fancy gauge display on the dash lol

I have a ProClip for my iphone, which is mounted by the center console...but I have thought about getting one for the Livewire. Currently, I just have it mounted above the left most AC vent with the provided Livewire suction cup.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Proclip has a couple of good options. I bought just the mount and plan on attaching the Livewire with industrial Velcro, so I didn't get any mount from Proclip. They have one that mounts right above the right hand side vent, but that one uses some sort of brace that goes all the way back over the dash, and I have a Dashmat so I'm not sure how that would work. But that seems like a good spot for the display to be very accessible to your sight but yet not block it. Over the leftmost AC vent seems like the next best spot.

What gauges are you planning on staring at? I'm wanting to desperately find something interesting that's not mpg related. I'm tired of driving like a granny to protect those mpgs...

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What gauges are you planning on staring at? I'm wanting to desperately find something interesting that's not mpg related. I'm tired of driving like a granny to protect those mpgs...

I've got mine set up with the tach gauge on the left.
And on the right, displays are:
Coolant Temp
Intake Temp
AFR Bank1
AFR Bank2
Spark Advance
Trans Gear Ratio (for now)

6c8d56b2-d37d-4e1b-b34c-feb4fe6cfcbb_zpsf643d24d.jpg