-1" Deavers and mid-perch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your wanting to drop the rear an inch, we would reccomend using the +2 leafs and using a 1" drop shackle (we can supply both) Pinion angles would have to be measured and you would most likely need to shim the leafs/axle to acheive proper pinion angle. You would not have any issues on mid-perch.

Could you weigh in on the above comments about ride quality? Especially in light of such positive reviews on the +1's I've read?

DP

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+2 deavers will lower your truck about 1/2" after a few months the deavers will sag and your truck will be 1-1.5" lower than stock. or atleast thats what happened to my truck that recently received the nick name squatty...

decoste77

Reaction score
I have the +1s and mid perch the ride is much better than stock better rebound and no axle wrap, I'm happy with it. It sits level but now that I'm looking to go 37's I'm thinking +3's.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Could you weigh in on the above comments about ride quality? Especially in light of such positive reviews on the +1's I've read?

DP

I have not seen any negatives running +2 and a drop shackle. Could of been a binding issue with said drop shackle. Also keep in mind you will be losing up travel with a +1, or +2 and drop shackle setup. Depending on terrain, that can be a negative. Properly tuned shocks to go with the above setups would be a must as the valving zones would be in a different spot from the differing static ride heights from stock.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
+2 deavers will lower your truck about 1/2" after a few months the deavers will sag and your truck will be 1-1.5" lower than stock. or atleast thats what happened to my truck that recently received the nick name squatty...

Thanks for the write up. What shackles did you use? Any ride issues like those described above?

DP

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I have the +1s and mid perch the ride is much better than stock better rebound and no axle wrap, I'm happy with it. It sits level but now that I'm looking to go 37's I'm thinking +3's.

Awesome. No binding issues? You running no block and 35's right now?

Thanks again everyone for the input.

Dave

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]

Thanks for the write up. What shackles did you use? Any ride issues like those described above?

DP

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Awesome. No binding issues? You running no block and 35's right now?

Thanks again everyone for the input.

Dave

No block, 35"Tires. No binding issues. The truck is very low but handles like a dream. I didn't have intentions on building my truck so low, but i really like it.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say that after I put the stock shackles back on, I was really hoping that the springs would settle and that they would "sag" to the height I want. I even put around 600 lbs. in the bed intentionally on a weekend trip that I took to try to encourage the springs to settle. I would say the springs maybe, just maybe settled 1/2 inch if that. I measured mine to be exactly the same as stock height after install. So mine are really only MAYBE, JUST MAYBE 1/2 inch lower than stock. While I had the 600 lbs in the bed, I realized that I actually liked the ride even better. I have I think around 300 lbs in the bed right now and am most happy with the ride this way. I know it must seem like a "ghetto" solution to put sandbags in the bed, but I think of it as if I put one of those big tire rack deals that some guys install. I know those thing weight a good amount.

Also, I did have shims made by Deaver for the pinion angle when I had the drop shackles on...so that wasn't the problem. I don't really even know what "binding" is, but I asked the guys at Deaver if maybe i needed to try better/different drop shackles and the said that basically all drop shackles are the same. And that the ones I had were perfectly fine.

This has been my ongoing battle with perfecting the ride height/ride quality balance. I decided to just weigh down the back. I haven't noticed any difference in gas mileage at all. I also like that I can easily take the weight out and have it at stock height in the rear for serious off-roading, so that my ass end doesn't drag.

Hope this helps. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to hear them too.

OP
OP
D

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This question will highlight my lack of mechanical understanding, but what is the advantage/disadvantage of the 1+ without blocks vs the 2+ with shackles (obviously without blocks) assuming I run a bump stop system? Will both sets require re-valved rear shocks?

Dave