$1,950 Raptor technology pkg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered it so the truck would be loaded at resale. I hate the look of the bliss tail lights, don't use anything but auto high beams. I can still drive half decently without running into the car in front of me, or failing to stay in my lane for gawds sake.

NDO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially ordered without it, then happened to have a rental car for a month with adaptive cruise. The first day I hated it but after a week I called and added tech package to my Raptor order. I just got a build date of May 29 and can't wait to get it.

1DXmk2

Reaction score
I have the tech package and it is fine. But, I would gladly trade the entire package for front parking sensors. If you rely on the camera you will eventually hit something. It is off. I asked the dealer if they could add sensors and they said it would interfere with the lane assist. Who knows.

I do not understand why Ford put sensors on the rear and not the front.....head scratcher.

As I was leaving the house this morning I was wondering why my front sensors haven't been working! I almost always back into parking spots, but in my garage, the front sensors never went off and I assumed it was a setting...now I know I just don't have them!! I've had 'em on all 4 of the Ford vehicles I've owned in the last 8 years...it is odd they would leave them off the one truck that seems to need them the most. I have to assume there is some engineering concern about including them, but I can't see how lane assist would be effected by them.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As I was leaving the house this morning I was wondering why my front sensors haven't been working! I almost always back into parking spots, but in my garage, the front sensors never went off and I assumed it was a setting...now I know I just don't have them!! I've had 'em on all 4 of the Ford vehicles I've owned in the last 8 years...it is odd they would leave them off the one truck that seems to need them the most. I have to assume there is some engineering concern about including them, but I can't see how lane assist would be effected by them.

I dont see how lane assist would impact them either but the mechanic said it would throw a code. I dont know if that is fact or they dont want to do it.

Regardless, it makes zero sense.....talk about limited thinking on Ford's part.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Worth every penny!! Please tell me you didn't order the decals and not this package... that one I can't understand.

The adaptive cruise alone is worth it to me not to mention the other's are kind of fun but used less often. Resale it will also help out. Worth it in my opinion.

OP
OP
D

DRAGONFLY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it come on automatically when you start the truck or is it a Manuel option.

If you start off tracking into another lane how violently does it correct you, how does it know if you want to merge into another lane, is that by turn signal prompt.

Is there an acoustic signal that alerts you additionally, that might drive me crazy, I have one in the semi truck I drive at work if we start to off track slightly which I understand but in my personal truck I would get sick of it. Thanks for the comments, I like the idea of an insurance discount, never thought of that.

aizdaman

Reaction score
I ordered mine with this package and think its worth it. Adaptive cruise is fantastic and its hard to go back to a vehicle without it after using it for long drives.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered it on my Raptor. Had never had it but glad I do now! The lane keeping has kept me from killing other drivers on my way from work, 12.5 hours night shifts, and drive straight east into the sun going home. Works great! Also impact alert work great. Do not run it always but it is a good deal and will help resale. To me well worth the money, and hell it's a Raptor why not!

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it come on automatically when you start the truck or is it a Manuel option.

If you start off tracking into another lane how violently does it correct you, how does it know if you want to merge into another lane, is that by turn signal prompt.

Is there an acoustic signal that alerts you additionally, that might drive me crazy, I have one in the semi truck I drive at work if we start to off track slightly which I understand but in my personal truck I would get sick of it. Thanks for the comments, I like the idea of an insurance discount, never thought of that.

It corrects you pretty gently, but on the down side it doesn't seem to fire if you're drifting out of the lane too fast. Seem to have a threshold. And as others have said it overcorrects and you end up ping ponging back and forth like bumper bowling. It's not advanced like a Tesla or Mercedes with lane keep.

However, there's an option in the menus to turn off the "Aid" setting of Lane Assist and just leave on "Alerts". It will vibrate your steering wheel when you start drifting, but it won't correct at all. You can even set the intensity of the vibration too. IMO the Assist feature isn't good enough to use, but the Alert setting is great. I used it on my long trip home as I was learning the truck (this is my first truck). I don't use it around town, but I would on long trips and/or late drives just for extra protection.

And no it has no audible alert in any setting and the turn signal turns it off temporarily.

Reaction score
It corrects you pretty gently, but on the down side it doesn't seem to fire if you're drifting out of the lane too fast. Seem to have a threshold. And as others have said it overcorrects and you end up ping ponging back and forth like bumper bowling. It's not advanced like a Tesla or Mercedes with lane keep.

However, there's an option in the menus to turn off the "Aid" setting of Lane Assist and just leave on "Alerts". It will vibrate your steering wheel when you start drifting, but it won't correct at all. You can even set the intensity of the vibration too. IMO the Assist feature isn't good enough to use, but the Alert setting is great. I used it on my long trip home as I was learning the truck (this is my first truck). I don't use it around town, but I would on long trips and/or late drives just for extra protection.

And no it has no audible alert in any setting and the turn signal turns it off temporarily.

When you turn off the "aid" setting does it stay off, or do you have to turn it off each time you get in the truck?