Infinite Reality's LED Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I just sent an email as well to a Hong Kong based supplier to check on them. Everything else has shipped, in fact my puddle light bulbs showed up already. I really want my dome festoon, but of course that's the one that has no info. I considered eating the 3 bucks and ordering from a place in California, but I figure I'll give them a chance.

Yeah it's a toss up, eat money and get a little quicker or cheaper and wait a little. I've done both, just hate waiting in general!

My 25w reverse lights shipped yesterday so I'm guessing I got about a week or so of waiting to FINALLY try them out verse the one's I have.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Just to update... Last night I removed my LED replacement bulb tails... The quick connects I used when installing the resistors sometimes would work and sometimes would hyper flash. Having to use a load resistor on the running lights to get them to work is BS anyways and upon pulling my tails off I could tell even though these bastards were way out of the way the heat still showed on them a little. All in all, IMO best bet is to get aftermarket entire LED housings. One day I may pony up the cash for it, till then I'll rock stock bulbs and have no issues or worries.

Should I leave that part of the original post about tail light bulbs up for others or should I take it down since IMO it's just not a good idea?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe see what folks have used for aftermarket tails....I know Nick runs them...

Not worth the head ache, like you said....

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
If I only had to use load resistor for the blinkers it'd been okay... But having to use a 2nd set for the running lights with them on a LOT more than signals, just didn't feel comfortable running them.

Nick, are those aftermarket housings too right? Where did you get them, any issues with them and how long have you had them installed?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they are the whole light assembly. Spyder is the brand and i got them from ebay. i had them almost a year. i had spyder tail lights on my last truck for 4 or 5 years. no issues at all.

ill try to find the seller on ebay again and post it here when i find it