Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike, have you ever used LPS #3? it sounds very similar to the amsoil hd.

Dave

GOOD FIND Dave!!!!!

I have the one and two. I missed the three. That sounds like a good idea to run with indoor test.

Can't do an outdoor test with that one, it may not be the same conditions as the last test. The rainy season is just about over. I will pick up a can for the indoor tests.

If the LPS 3 does well we could run a head to head outdoor test with the Amsoil in the spring.

LPS 1 and 2.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey mike after the amsoil cures does it still have that yellow tint to it in when looking at it in person?

The yellow went away in the outdoor test. I do not know if the sun had anything to do with that, or maybe the heat helped cure it. Both top and bottom were the same. It seems like it does have a cure time.

In any case I think the yellow will not hang around long. It sure made my Dodge Ram's spare tire( the rim ) look brand new, but its black and it has stayed that way so far.

I would not worry about it. The trade off is great protection.

Dkyacht

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD FIND Dave!!!!!

I have the one and two. I missed the three. That sounds like a good idea to run with indoor test.

Can't do an outdoor test with that one, it may not be the same conditions as the last test. The rainy season is just about over. I will pick up a can for the indoor tests.

If the LPS 3 does well we could run a head to head outdoor test with the Amsoil in the spring.

View attachment 12147

I have used it quite a bit years ago and must say it's incredible! Sounds very comparable to the amsoil. I once put a bolt with a frozen nut rusted on it in a cup of the lps 3 and a week later you could almost unscrew it by hand and about 60-70% of the rust was gone.

Dave

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here I am.

i got a guy for the Amsoil HD..hang tight.

Hello all,

I read through this thread and I have to say that I am very impressed with the testing and feedback from everyone. That being said, Andy asked me to come over and offer to help members here see if we can get you guys some better pricing on Amsoil products, specifically the MPHD.

First, let me say that there is definitely a lack of testing data from Amsoil concerning the product. Although I have used it around the house and garage, I have not used it for undercoating. My favorite example is on a truck I bought a couple of years ago; when I bought it, (used), and when I got it home (bought it in Indiana and hauled it back to Va) one of the headlights was pointing straight up in the air. When I attempted to adjust it, the adjustment screw was locked up. I tried WD-40, let it sit over night, nothing. I then tried PB-Blaster the same way, nothing. Then I forgot about it for a while because that truck was just for hauling. I then began hauling with it and on the first night trip that headlight was getting on my nerves so I tried to adjust it (this was a couple of weeks after trying to use the other products) and the screw still wouldn't turn. Well, I had to order some other stuff, so I added a couple of cans of MPHD to the order and when it came in I treated that adjustment screw like the other products; the next day, the screw turned without issue and I got the light adjusted. I was beginning to think I was going to have to replace the light assembly, but no, the MPHD did the trick.

Ok, enough from me other than to say that according to what i have seen in this thread about what everyone is paying for the products, I am confident I can save you guys some coin.

I am going to be on the road most of the day tomorrow, but anyone looking for a quote for anything Amsoil related, please feel free to shoot me a PM here with your shipping information and I will get them prepared for you.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, you can count me in for 6 cans. My '13 is going to get some love when it arrives. I will PM my address, etc tomorrow.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mike so do u think it would be a good idea to use on the shocks?

Many people here have done it and I will do it this weekend with a big smile on my face. So, Yes I think its a good idea.

There is a thread on rusting shocks here I read awhile back. The pictures were not pretty.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Mike Hammer on the shocks, any metal surface really, painted or not will benefit from using it. Honestly, I can only think of one place under the truck you wouldn't want to use it and that is on the brake rotors for obvious reasons...

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used it quite a bit years ago and must say it's incredible! Sounds very comparable to the amsoil. I once put a bolt with a frozen nut rusted on it in a cup of the lps 3 and a week later you could almost unscrew it by hand and about 60-70% of the rust was gone.

Dave

It's funny I like excess, I had the 1 & 2 , why did I get a weak moment and be conservative with the 3.

I'll get one on the next order it does look interesting. At least it says 2 years indoors. Amsoil may be 5 if they ever realize what a good product they have and test it.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Hello all,

I read through this thread and I have to say that I am very impressed with the testing and feedback from everyone. That being said, Andy asked me to come over and offer to help members here see if we can get you guys some better pricing on Amsoil products, specifically the MPHD.

First, let me say that there is definitely a lack of testing data from Amsoil concerning the product. Although I have used it around the house and garage, I have not used it for undercoating. My favorite example is on a truck I bought a couple of years ago; when I bought it, (used), and when I got it home (bought it in Indiana and hauled it back to Va) one of the headlights was pointing straight up in the air. When I attempted to adjust it, the adjustment screw was locked up. I tried WD-40, let it sit over night, nothing. I then tried PB-Blaster the same way, nothing. Then I forgot about it for a while because that truck was just for hauling. I then began hauling with it and on the first night trip that headlight was getting on my nerves so I tried to adjust it (this was a couple of weeks after trying to use the other products) and the screw still wouldn't turn. Well, I had to order some other stuff, so I added a couple of cans of MPHD to the order and when it came in I treated that adjustment screw like the other products; the next day, the screw turned without issue and I got the light adjusted. I was beginning to think I was going to have to replace the light assembly, but no, the MPHD did the trick.

Ok, enough from me other than to say that according to what i have seen in this thread about what everyone is paying for the products, I am confident I can save you guys some coin.

I am going to be on the road most of the day tomorrow, but anyone looking for a quote for anything Amsoil related, please feel free to shoot me a PM here with your shipping information and I will get them prepared for you.

I am going to beat you up here a bit. Why is there no tests at all done? I mean I found nothing on the web and the Amsoil site. Its a great product, I know you seen the tests. Tell the company at least give us some ******** to read, a "nice story" about the product, you know, blow smoke up our dresses it feels good.

Its kind of hard to find it on the site also, I had to dig. Anyway glad someone is here from Amsoil. Welcome

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

i got a guy for the Amsoil HD..hang tight.

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Bird is watching out for us. Thanks Bird.