Wrapping my roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually haven't even seen it finished yet. Its still at the installers shop. I did see the vinyl before he installed it. He sent me the pics this afternoon.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a quote from my installer. I send him a bunch of business and he was able to use scraps from a previous job for my tuck. So my price wouldn't be accurate of what it would normally run.

I was originally going to do a satin black that would match the hood louvers and blend with the rest of the black. When I asked the installer about it he said he had vinyl that he thought would match the trim and suggested that. I'm still on the fence of how well I like the color. It was dark last night when I picked it up and it's raining today. So it's hard to see the color well.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, i had a shop show me that same color. i wasn't a fan. it needs to be gloss black on a light color truck IMO. while that color looks good it doesn't look great.
altho, pictures dont capture the true look of these trucks so it may look killer in person and we may never know other then you.

thorleif

Reaction score
Local guy says his product is 3M 1080C, anyone familiar with this? Just want to make sure it's not a vastly inferior material.

Also, Satin or Gloss black to go on my avalanche?

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@SOAKINRED

A friend did mine, so my cost isn't much help since I mostly paid for just materials

Typically, a single color of good vinyl will run $3000-3500 to do the truck. I asked what it would have cost for my job, this is what he gave me:

3M 1080 SATIN DARK GREY COMPLETE VINYL WRAP............................ 2500

GTECHNIQ CRYSTAL SERUM LIGHT (CERAMIC COATING)....................... 350

FRONT WINDSHIELD TINT 80% CERAMIC...........................................125

FRONT SIDE WINDOWS TINT 20% CERAMIC........................................125

AVERY SUPREME SATIN BLACK ROOF/HOOD/BUMPERS/MISC ACCENTS......350

TAIL LIGHTS & VARIOUS LIGHTS DONE W/ APA TINT.............................100

If in chicagoland, happy to help set anyone up. He seems to be cheaper than most shops, and for most part does exotics. hope this helps