Upgrade Considerations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so now that I have a VIN assigned and nothing to do but wait and dream about possible upgrades, I've assembled the following list of common Gen 1 upgrades.

We would expect Ford to have identified the major weaknesses of the Gen 1 truck and to have addressed some of those weaknesses in the Gen 2 design, but I suspect it's also safe to assume that they will not have improved every aspect of the Gen 2 truck to match the potential capabilities provided by good after market upgrades.

It's going to be a blast to see which components stand up to the tortures of desert running and which require early upgrades just to keep the beast alive in the dirt.

Call out components that I've missed so they can be added to the list.

Thus, we begin our contemplation...

Front End
Bumper

Light Bar
Lights
Skid Plate
Winch - via PMR

Engine
Cold Air Intake
Custom Tune
Supercharger
Larger Turbos - via P
oison123
Snorkel - via Rocket
Dual Battery - via Rocket

Extra Blinker Fluid Reservoir/Catch-Can - via Yenrod <ROFLMDAO - I remember this discussion from months ago>

Front Suspension
Upper Control Arm
Lower Control Arm
Shock/Coil
Bump Stops
Tie Rods

Bed
Lights
LineX - via PMR

Tonneau Cover

Rear Suspension
Leaf Springs
Bump Stops

Tires/Wheels
Wheels
Tires
Brakes/Brakelines

Rear End
Bumper

Light Bar
Lights

Other
Train Horn - via
Bullishone
Integrated Air compressor // CO2 - via Rocket
Roof rack - via Rocket
PA System - via Raptorwarrior

Last edited:

Shooter10x

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with ya. I haven't gotten a build date yet, but already have stuff sitting in the garage waiting on the Raptor. So far I have and ADD front bumper with 30' LED, siren and control box(firefighter), VIAIR compressor and tank, and lots more on the list.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL@ Supercharger being on that list......don't you mean "larger turbo's"

ncrapt

Reaction score
I wouldn't do anything that would harm people who walk on the streets. Why yelling at people?

muddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking lights as my budget is tight until spring and with Fall in the air followed by snow, increased vis is needed. Im thinking a light bar similar to what Foutz has on there BITD street stock.
But what about the intercooler? What other mounting options could be considered?