The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So, as much as it pains me, I've read through a copious amount of this forum on all things relating to the new 2017 Raptor; from now on respectfully referred to as the "Gen 2". And there has been a ton of misinformation, good but spread out information, and just plain false statements. So here I am. I would like this to be the all inclusive, one stop shop for good information regarding anything Gen 2. Bumper to bumper. Top to bottom. (MODS: Can we make this a sticky?) I will update this periodically as new information is released, but please follow along and feel free to add any valuable information I may have forgotten. I will organize this as best as possible. I will not list sources, as that would take too long, but if you question the validity of a fact I will be happy to find the literature behind it for you..... All information is as of 13MAR2016.
Excellent write up! This is exactly the info I was looking for and why I came to this forum.

ADD has one in house. I would ask them.
How does ADD have a Gen 2 in house?

This is something that I've always wondered about. Does the manufacturer (Ford in this case) research the popular aftermarket companies for that particular vehicle and give them one to design products for a few months before its released so they can be ready for the public to upgrade?

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is something that I've always wondered about. Does the manufacturer (Ford in this case) research the popular aftermarket companies for that particular vehicle and give them one to design products for a few months before its released so they can be ready for the public to upgrade?

That's exactly why they have (had?) one. Also, their GM is Greg Foutz, so I guess they have access to that truck also.

mike.s

Reaction score
Excellent write up! This is exactly the info I was looking for and why I came to this forum.

Another popular vendor told me they had hands on with a Gen 2 a while back. I can't say who, as I'm sure it was told to me in confidence. So ADD is not the only one.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Ford brought both the 2017 and the 2017 BITD trucks to TRR. I was able to sit in the 2017 and I will say that the interior is much nicer than the Gen 1 trucks. One of the Ford guys did say that there are two interiors, one with leather and one with vinyl and the he preferred the vinyl interior himself (truck at TRR was leather). Corporate Ford did not allow either truck to be driven aside from on and off of the trailer and moved for parking. I did hear the 2017 start and run at idle and I will say it does sound better than any Ecoboost I have heard before. I did not hear the BITD truck run.

2017TRR.jpg

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Just to confirm Kaiser, that is the Avalanche Grey color on the stock Scab in that picture, yes? Thanks for the info about the interiors/exhaust sound.