Fender flare removal/driving without??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on taking my truck to the paint shop, removing the flares there and then driving over to the Line-X shop to have the bed and wheel wells done. The flares will take about 2 days. I obviously wouldn't drive the truck in the meantime, however -- is it not a good idea to drive 20-30 miles or so without the flares on the truck??? I don't want to end up F'in up my paint by throwing rocks and shit all over a brand new truck!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I drove without the fender flares for a few days and it didn't hurt a thing. Your tires will stick out quite a bit so don't go off-road or anything but otherwise no big deal. Make sure you hang on to all the clips some of them are hard to find.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2

kyle111

Reaction score
How did you get the flare off? Im going to pain mine but not sure the best way to get them off.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're just clips that hold them on but on the bottom on the flares where they bend back under the truck there are screws/bolts that hold the ends on e sure to remove them first! Be gentle with the clips they do wear out I've removed mine a few times and have had to get new clips but that's after removing them about 4 times. Don't forget about the plastic Christmas tree fastener things on the inside of the flare those are a butch to remove so I just ripped them out and went to oreilys and got some more they're cheap.

SVTCALI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove for about a week without mine and no problems. Looked kind of stupid though. haha