Wiring ARB fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mokie

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has wired an ARB fridge/freezer in the bed of their truck? Looking for ideas.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wired the plug into my back seat area to carry my 50qt there. 10 g wire through the firewall at the driver's side, hooked directly to the battery.
Works wonderfully.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a bed install on my 2018 Raptor. I consolidated the install of the battery isolator thread and track thread here: https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/dual-battery-arb-fridge-and-bed-track-install.76774/

Make sure to use top tier components: lugs, connectors, shrink, crimp tools, wire dressing, covers, etc. And do a workmanlike job. You’ll be happy with the results.

FYI...I originally i took this to a “high end” mobile electronics shop who completely effed it up and cost me money. Learn to do the work yourself.

Tony Candela is a good source for the wiring/crimping supplies: https://ceautoelectricsupply.com/

Feel free to message me if you want any direction.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired the plug into my back seat area to carry my 50qt there. 10 g wire through the firewall at the driver's side, hooked directly to the battery.
Works wonderfully.

Do you think a second battery is not needed? I live out of my 37 quart during the work week in very hot Phoenix, I was planning on needing a second battery like I have in my current car. I would love to put the fridge in the cab, but I don’t think there will be space in the Scab I ordered. I was also looking at the Engle 40 quart as a possible option since it’s narrower and opens differently.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Engle makes a good refer and I'm sure the interior temp in Phoenix is brutal, not sure any refer could handle those kind of temps!
2nd battery is nice but unnecessary I feel with ARB's electronics keeping your single battery from draining completely.
Never been inside a SCAB so couldn't help you there, the SCREW has lots of room.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engle makes a good refer and I'm sure the interior temp in Phoenix is brutal, not sure any refer could handle those kind of temps!
2nd battery is nice but unnecessary I feel with ARB's electronics keeping your single battery from draining completely.
Never been inside a SCAB so couldn't help you there, the SCREW has lots of room.

My current ARB setup survives in my car trunk on the hottest days that Phoenix can dish out, but the second battery is a Group 31 AGM. In my 2017 Subaru Outback and my 2011 VW Touareg the stock battery wasn’t enough when using the stock 12v plug in the cargo area. I didn’t wire either of those cars with a direct lead to the battery though, I think there was a significant loss through OEM wiring.

5ABC1D8F-0BFD-4573-AD69-4708CD2A2EDB.jpeg

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try it without...see what happens. Carry a jump pack. Best of luck!

That's probably the plan. I'd like to avoid the additional weight of a second battery if possible. I was also thinking a smaller AGM second battery for the fridge rather than the Group 31 at 70 pounds. I would prefer to mount the second battery down on the frame rather than in the bed or cab, I can fab whatever I need.