Wiring ARB fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things:
  1. If you fab a frame mount, please post pics.
  2. I am loving my 12v BattleBorn LiFeP04 battery...it is doing the work of my older 150 pound 220 ah flooded bank. The BB is only 31 pounds for 100 amp hours. They make a 50 ah that’s 18 pounds. Biggest downside is expense.

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
So I ended up wiring the fridge directly to the truck battery. Eventually I’ll wire a second battery set up but for now this works.
I ran a fish tape through the fame on the passenger side from back to front. The wire that Arb sent was 20’ of two 10 gauge wires. I put flexible split loom around the wire and wrapped the entire loom with high heat electrical tape. When I came up into the bed of the truck I ran the wire up the back fender and through the far back cleat. I have a Decked box so it was a little challenging but I got it to work. I did have to add 2’ of extra 10 gauge wire.

ABB9923A-178E-4BDB-9D5B-EE87481AF204.jpeg

F2E110A4-6623-467D-8F66-70656B22EAB7.jpeg

76F04B1B-4FCA-41F3-8C3D-EB9C73B33BE2.jpeg

4152C6F3-2CCA-4DEC-9C8C-1A10AC5E0B8B.jpeg

9CCF4B4D-7D83-46D6-818A-15382E90E963.jpeg

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
So I ended up wiring the fridge directly to the truck battery. Eventually I’ll wire a second battery set up but for now this works.
I ran a fish tape through the fame on the passenger side from back to front. The wire that Arb sent was 20’ of two 10 gauge wires. I put flexible split loom around the wire and wrapped the entire loom with high heat electrical tape. When I came up into the bed of the truck I ran the wire up the back fender and through the far back cleat. I have a Decked box so it was a little challenging but I got it to work. I did have to add 2’ of extra 10 gauge wire.

View attachment 146334

View attachment 146335

View attachment 146336

View attachment 146337

View attachment 146338

I ordered the same fridge and wiring kit. Do you think you still would have needed the 2ft extension if you didn’t have the decked setup? Also did you think of running it through the hole above the cleat and installing the outlet right there?

OP
OP
Mokie

Mokie

Reaction score
I ordered the same fridge and wiring kit. Do you think you still would have needed the 2ft extension if you didn’t have the decked setup? Also did you think of running it through the hole above the cleat and installing the outlet right there?

Without the decked set up I think it would have been enough wire. I did take apart the cleat and pull the lock off to find a good size opening. I was originally going to try and mount it where the cleat would have been but there was some small gaps between the metal and the power connector. I didn’t want water to get up in there so I moved it to be on my decked box instead. I’m sure it would have been fine but I didn’t want to take any risks.

adllewis42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Dometic that I wired straight to the battery as well. The truck battery is more than fine but it all depends on (1) how you use your fridge, (2) how often you run the truck, and (3) ambient temps. I have the 75 DZ Dometic fridge and so long as I'm using the truck every day and keeping the fridge full, it never has an issue. If you don't keep the fridge full of something to help regulate the temperature or you don't run the truck often or you live in a really hot environment, it might shut off the fridge when it detects the voltage being too low.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Without the decked set up I think it would have been enough wire. I did take apart the cleat and pull the lock off to find a good size opening. I was originally going to try and mount it where the cleat would have been but there was some small gaps between the metal and the power connector. I didn’t want water to get up in there so I moved it to be on my decked box instead. I’m sure it would have been fine but I didn’t want to take any risks.

Thanks. Wiring harness is being delivered today. Hopefully installation is straight forward routing the wire.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a Dometic that I wired straight to the battery as well. The truck battery is more than fine but it all depends on (1) how you use your fridge, (2) how often you run the truck, and (3) ambient temps. I have the 75 DZ Dometic fridge and so long as I'm using the truck every day and keeping the fridge full, it never has an issue. If you don't keep the fridge full of something to help regulate the temperature or you don't run the truck often or you live in a really hot environment, it might shut off the fridge when it detects the voltage being too low.

I’ll be using it in AZ for Tuesday to Friday commuting trips, specifically Phoenix all summer where the temp inside the truck or under a bed cover can exceed 140 degrees. The truck will get driven daily, but sometimes not more than 10 miles. I generally keep the fridge full, adding more water to it as I deplete the food. The current dual battery setup in my car works awesome.