Why so many for sale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you even saying? Lmaoo. It’s clear what I’m talking about in the post. I’m seeing a lot of used trucks popping up for sale. What details do you want? I do a nationwide search and see plenty low mile gen 3’s out there. Im sure more to come. Prices even coming down. Stop being a weirdo
Unacceptable. This man needs you to take that nationwide search, break it up into zones of your choosing, make a pie graph of each of these zones with attached tables showing the average, mean and median price per zone. Get your crap together before you make some arbitrary post next time, man. Cmon. (Being totally sarcastic btw)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1.) Trading to TRX
2.) Trading/Getting Raptor R
3.) People living above their means... realizing it cant work for them financially.
4.) First time Raptor owners going to HD trucks
5.) Selling and making a profit....

1,2 and 4 are essentially the same thing. There is a significant number of folks out there that are happy to drive something for 6 months then trade it in for something new as the loss isn't a big concern for them. With the Raptor they may even break even or get a little profit.

And this is not unique to the Raptor, not remotely. I have no doubt that if you looked at the volume of used vehicles for a high end model, where there is a wait list to get one with ADM, that the volume of used vehicles will increase a year or two after release and the vehicle starts getting easier to purchase new.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i can say in the last 2 year the raptor is my 4th truck.... i wanted to try all the flavors i guess

OP
OP
N

NYC Raptor

Reaction score
Unacceptable. This man needs you to take that nationwide search, break it up into zones of your choosing, make a pie graph of each of these zones with attached tables showing the average, mean and median price per zone. Get your crap together before you make some arbitrary post next time, man. Cmon. (Being totally sarcastic btw)
Ford Raptor owners need to put their pride aside man. Used ones will always pop up. I’ve seen one just listed and it’s a 37P with only 2k miles. It is what it is. I was genuinely asking why there were so many listed for sale as of recently and people get their feelings hurt lol. I’m STILL looking for the right deal going on 2 1/2 weeks now. I’m not going to jump at the first one I see at 20k over.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Raptor owners need to put their pride aside man. Used ones will always pop up. I’ve seen one just listed and it’s a 37P with only 2k miles. It is what it is. I was genuinely asking why there were so many listed for sale as of recently and people get their feelings hurt lol. I’m STILL looking for the right deal going on 2 1/2 weeks now. I’m not going to jump at the first one I see at 20k over.
Had a 2021 Iconic 35 I sold after 5 months of ownership with 6k miles, after selling my 2018 Metallic with 27k miles on it. Talked myself into selling both because I could get so much value for them. Timing was perfect on the 21, and I sold it early 22 for significantly more than I bought my New 22' 37 for OTD. I had instant sellers remorse, as I was stuck driving a tacoma during a time when there were no vehicles available to buy. I typically drive what I want, pay cash, and dont look at the value loss; however there are many in my circumstances that will not tolerate the loss that is coming, and so are taking small losses to avoid big losses. Big difference between a nearly 100k truck selling for 90k and the perception that they will be selling for 70-75k in a few more months/year. I personally feel that many of these trucks are on the marked to hedge losses with a perceived hard downturn still looming.

OP
OP
N

NYC Raptor

Reaction score
Had a 2021 Iconic 35 I sold after 5 months of ownership with 6k miles, after selling my 2018 Metallic with 27k miles on it. Talked myself into selling both because I could get so much value for them. Timing was perfect on the 21, and I sold it early 22 for significantly more than I bought my New 22' 37 for OTD. I had instant sellers remorse, as I was stuck driving a tacoma during a time when there were no vehicles available to buy. I typically drive what I want, pay cash, and dont look at the value loss; however there are many in my circumstances that will not tolerate the loss that is coming, and so are taking small losses to avoid big losses. Big difference between a nearly 100k truck selling for 90k and the perception that they will be selling for 70-75k in a few more months/year. I personally feel that many of these trucks are on the marked to hedge losses with a perceived hard downturn still looming.
I also usually buy what I want and enjoy it until I feel I no longer want it and just sell or trade it in. Believe it or not I’m going on almost 2 weeks now and can’t seem to find the right truck I want. Every dealer I call wants 10-15k over msrp on a 35 truck. A 37 is harder to find and they want $105k plus. I just can’t justify the crazy markup when I know they will loose that much value down the road. Never owned a raptor but had many other trucks before. The markup is really making things difficult to justify one right now.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m starting to see a bunch of gen 3 raptors popping up for sale. A lot with low miles. Besides people dumping them to get their money back, why do you guys think this is happening? Regrets? I’m still looking for a 37PP in antimatter with the blue recaros but not in a rush. Waiting for the right deal. I just refuse to pay $105k-$110k for this truck. They still want around 15k over every time I call and ask. Are these trucks boring? Lol. Can’t put my finger on why they are being dumped.
this is in Rochester and available. 5K over sticker

1674061490521.png

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also usually buy what I want and enjoy it until I feel I no longer want it and just sell or trade it in. Believe it or not I’m going on almost 2 weeks now and can’t seem to find the right truck I want. Every dealer I call wants 10-15k over msrp on a 35 truck. A 37 is harder to find and they want $105k plus. I just can’t justify the crazy markup when I know they will loose that much value down the road. Never owned a raptor but had many other trucks before. The markup is really making things difficult to justify one right now.
Yep, buying one on the lot is difficult. The guy I bought all 3 raptors from knows me and likes how easy the deals are so I dont have to deal with the ADM. He is a stand up guy, but even him I heard talking with another manager about how raptor owners should be grateful for the ADM because it is keeping the resale value high. He said something to the effect that if they just sold them all at MSRP the resale value would drop instantly by 10-15%. Not agreeing or disagreeing, just adding to your point that Raptors on the lots are not really coming down in price.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's another question you need to ask is if the number of other used vehicles are popping up. I.E super duties, gmc, Toyota, trx, mustang or any other vehicle. The answer is most likely yes because of all the reasons listed in previous posts. Probably shouldn't just single out the Raptor. Is the Raptor the only vehicle you're looking at or have you looked at all others My guess (since I haven't did any research) is every segment of the used market is having increases of availability because the new ones are starting to be more available.

just my 2 cents

Last edited: