Truck shaking, burning smell, won't start periodically 2021 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iubraptor

Reaction score
Apologize if I've missed a similar thread. My 2021 raptor shakes at low speeds, been increasingly profound and then occurred slightly on highway, engine light is on, truck develops a burning smell under hood, and periodically won't start. I've got it in the shop, but trying to figure out how one can make sure that the engine and other expensive components aren't secondarily damaged by underlying issue (such as a sensor or whatever it could be). How does one make sure that one issue didn't lead to damage to engine etc and avoid having to pay for that later once the warranty expires? Anyone have similar issue and know what underlying issue might be?

Sincerely appreciate the help!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This could be at least 100 things without further diagnostic info.
Are there any modifications?
Diagnostic trouble codes would possibly help
How long since you checked the oil? Manual says something like every fill up or so.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you pull codes when the check engine light came on? Like right away? That's the best way to ensure that the engine doesn't get damaged ....
It's in the shop ... Ford service department, I hope. What do they say?

Edit to add: @Nex had this problem, but the shaking was caused by a hōōker he thought dead waking up and thrashing around. I really, really hope that's not your problem. :)