Burning smell 2023 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McClane

Reaction score
Hello all,

It just started today with burning plastic smell on and off from my truck. The truck has 1300 miles on it. I took a look around and the engine but couldn’t find/see the root cause. I was wondering if anyone came a crossed similar issue or could address what could be the problem?

Note: No off road driven yet.

Thanks in advance.

2023 37 package.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

McClane

Reaction score
I wanted to update the forum about this issue.

I took it to the dealer where I purchased the truck and they confirmed the burning smell as well but they are not able to identify where it is come from. The latest update is they are contacted with Ford hotline assistance and waiting a reply from there.

It’s an unfortunate event for a brand new vehicle and hopefully it wouldn’t be a big issue..

OP
OP
M

McClane

Reaction score
Today is 3rd day on the dealership and still they couldn’t find the issue while the burning smell is there when the truck is running.

The latest update is a case opened with Ford and the first reply was to Hi Burak, ye sir Ford finally replied back to remove the engine bay cover and inspect for melted spots also keep them removed and recheck.

The service representative updated with this today; Unfortunately we need your vehicle until we figure out the cause of burning smell.

Still waiting…

OP
OP
M

McClane

Reaction score
Got my truck after 3 weeks. They changed the fuse box and released the vehicle. I still have the same smell and think it’s thaw it to the some other dealership.

Flynxman

Reaction score
I get the same smell but only when my exhaust in Baja. I know it says off road only so wondering if that has to do with it

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought there was another thread about this. It was some board, they had a picture of the fried electronic board.