Why so many low milage Gen2 trucks for sale?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

If you are buying a raptor as a "garage" car then you got issues. I will put 20k miles on mine in about a year.

The guy was comparing these with other performance vehicles that Ford has made, mainly the cobras. And was just giving examples. You commented that his examples were stupid because of 20k miles on an older cobra. I was merely trying to state that these other performance vehicles do have low miles.

I have 52k miles on my 14' Raptor and thats a lot for me, usually after 3 years I would be in the low 30k. But all my extra miles have all been due to going on off-road trips. From where I live, going to Baja is over 5k round trip and have done that twice plus all the trips to TRR in Texas.

The point was that all these vehicles have a better resale than most and his example wasn't actually stupid when he was using it to show how these hold value.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Low miles on a vehicle like this may not be abnormal at all. I kept a DD while owning my Lightning, kept miles low and condition good. sold for down payment on a Ducati.

With all the tech, bells and whistles, plus the ecoboost, Raptors will continue to hold their value above other vehicles.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The first Two are offered by same ford dealer both sold new and noted as personal vehicles from
another ford dealer in Texas.
Zero accidents reported ., the third one sale history only different dealer

I can't answer why , I don't think it's strange, like anything else, the new wears off, some people have disposable income and these trucks are holding higher than sticker resale value..
so like the old saying goes show me a beautiful woman and i will show you a guy who is tired of sleeping with her.. or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

People who didn't know what a Raptor was by 2014, still don't. They don't pay attention to the "spotlight" of the automotive world and it's just a F150 with some big tires to them.

I really think both trucks stand on their own way more than you think. Lets go back a few years and compare some other high end Ford specialty vehicles shall we?

A 2003 Cobra had a MSRP of approx $34K. One with 20K miles in great excellent condition books at over $23K now. $11K depreciation. It still commands 70% of it's original MSRP. Very impressive for a 14 year old car.

The "next Cobra" was the 2007 GT500. MSRP was approx $41K. One with 20K miles in excellent condition books at almost $29K now. $12K depreciation. It is also worth 70% of it's original MSRP, again very impressive. Compare both to any Vette from the same years...

So the older 2003 chassis with less power still is worth the "same" as the newer 2007 chassis which is safer, has more power, better handling, better brakes, etc. It even has the Shelby name attached (literally), yet comparing new vs used values- it still has no additional value compared to the 2003. The GT500 is also not saddled with a horrible sounding engine either- both have blown V8s.

You guys can mock all you want- but remember that hearing is one of your five senses. Smell and taste don't count when it comes to vehicles- so you are taking away 33% of the "experience" of driving a Raptor when you take away the nice V8 melody and replace it with V6 *blat*. Ford knows this- that's why they tried to fake it with the stereo system.

When the gen 2 hit the gen 1 took a mild hit but continue to be STRONG.. proof is in the pudding Boys and girls ef4b721527cd6cc5a349ddf2dc65de38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk