why did you decide to get a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpeedyV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the market for a new truck. I have always been a GM guy but am not convinced that they are the best product.

The Ram has the best bang for the buck....But looks like a caracature of Miss Piggy.

The F150's are pretty much the same as the GM....Nice ride but fairly generic.

Now the Raptor!!!! Wow is that a machine!!!!! :head3: After I drove a used one, there was no question that I would be ordering a new one!!!

Allsportsfan7923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife and both loved Raptors and just never spoke of it until we were together and saw one that is when we realized we wanted one. We were car shopping for a new car that uses less gas for her business as well as keeps her SUV in case of snow since her new car wouldn't drive in it. We were looking at F-150s but with everything we wanted it was close to the price of a Raptor and we didn't want to comprise on a truck. We needed something to haul things that were too big to put in her SUV, tow our jet skis which her SUV did but didn't like plus it is getting old and have 4WD vehicles since both our professions require us to work in all weather. Well 2 trips to the dealership and the rest is history. On a side note us "looking" never is just looking after a couple of purchases I don't think we will be looking anymore :laughing1: We love this truck whether I am driving or she is we have a blast in the truck and it is funny the stares we receive when in it.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I wanted a truck, and was seriously looking at FX4's, but decided I would regret not getting exactly what I wanted so I stepped up into the Raptor (Which I wanted since the release). Is it overkill, probably, do I regret it? Not a chance.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not exactly a young pup and planned on one "good last truck". My wife "owed me one" when I had to sell my '57 T Bird after owning it for 22 years (long story...).

I was looking at new top line F150's but when I put what I wanted on it...the Raptor was cheaper and had features the 150 didn't offer unless I went after market.

Aside from the above line of *********..I wanted one from the day they came out.. and THAT'S how I justified it.....:party36::party36:

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOD TOPIC! Awesome reads so far!

For me? I bought a GT500 in 2007, and took it to a Shelby event in Terlingua TX hosted by Bullrun, and attended by the head of SVT at the time. For some reason, the VIPs from Ford really took a shine to me, and since have become pretty good friends. They both have moved on to other positions in the company, Jamie is now Director of Ford Racing, and Robert is now working on other Ford projects and not just mustang design, but they noticed my truck that I haul my GT500 with was a Toyota. My reply was that the Tundra is made here in my hometown, so I have to support mi barrio, and made a wisecrack about "as soon as you guys make a badass SVT truck that can haul my Shelby, I'll be the first one in line". Their smirks should have clued me in, but later, the Raptor was 'officially' announced, and of course I had to have it. I just had to wait for the SCrew to come out one year later.

It was a no brainer for me....I have always been an offroad guy first, and as a road contractor, this truck is the best vehicle to have bar none. I probably would have bought one just because, but the point of my story is that you can follow my progression and see that I had to get it. Because I bought an SVT built Shelby, I made some pretty terrific friends, which had a lot to do with me being regional director for Team Shelby, and access and insight to some great vehicles built, and soon to be built! I love Ford.
I just wish it didnt come married to a microsoft product.

OP
OP
Wilson

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
012Blue's 2002 Silverado was dropping rust in the driveway and I suggested that we buy a new truck. He said the only new truck he would consider was a Raptor. After the initial, what the heck is a Raptor(me), and a test drive, we were done for. After almost a year, still love seeing it, riding in it, etc. :chewie:
I was just thinking that in 2 months it will be 1

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 99 250 was gettin old, had some rust and was starting to put money into it, so i decided to get a new truck. originally i wanted an Explorer Sportrac, after they switched it over to an f-150 frame. Ive always been a truck guy, first vehicle i owned was an 85 250, then a 99. decided that since i dont haul stuff, i didnt need a big bed or high tow numbers, and i wanted a 4 door truck for once, so the Sportrac was a perfect choice. then i learned they discontinued it.... so i had to look for something else. Low and behold, Top Gear USA did a piece on tha Raptor and i said "DONE!!!!!!! That is what im buying!" and i did, without seeing one in person even, and i bought one. I dont regret a thing!

You can all hate Tap Gear now, if it wasnt for them i never woulda known about this truck and you guys wouldnt have to deal with me. its Tanner Fousts fault!

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After purchasing a new 2004 F150 FX4 SCrew (Blazing Yellow) I told my wife that thats the last truck I would want for a while. 3 years later I was tired of it and got rid of it. About 2 months later I was regreting that choice cause I missed my truck!

Well, it took until 2010 to convince her to ALLOW ME to get another truck. She caved! (lol) and she told me to get exactly what I wanted cause I would have this truck for 20 years! I decided to take her up on her offer!

Well, always owning Ford trucks, that's when I saw the Raptor in Molten Orange! I was in love immediately! After surfing the OTHER forum and stalking the sites I learned the SCrew was coming. That's all it took.

Randy found this one for me in El Paso and the rest is history!

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same reason I bought my 08 Bullitt. That car is everything that the standard GT SHOULD be (for '05-09).

The Raptor is what the standard F150 SHOULD be.