Who has the lowest miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a few friends in the exotic car business I always had an OCD complex with the mileage on my vehicles but now that my work commute is longer and my kids are getting older (lots of pick ups from school and sports) I'm putting way more miles on than I used to... my 2014 turned 2 in May and it just clicked 40k miles last week! It is my daily driver though and has been flawless over the last two years.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Taken this morning
13XQx6.jpg

This, track days, Home Depot, and a monthly visit to the gym is about all I expect from her, as everything else is accomplished by other vehicles
cQ2YGm.jpg

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
This, track days, Home Depot, and a monthly visit to the gym is about all I expect from her, as everything else is accomplished by other vehicles
cQ2YGm.jpg

How you like the new R1? Been considering upgrading from my '05, but I just love the "raw" feel mine has. Keep me on my toes. :)

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How you like the new R1? Been considering upgrading from my '05, but I just love the "raw" feel mine has. Keep me on my toes. :)

It's unbelievable. Yamaha put a 1000cc motor in a 600cc frame when they began designing it, and it shows. Handles so damn well. The riding position is very aggressive. Very up and forward. This means it sucks if you're using it as a street bike and are stuck in traffic, because you're leaning forward so much, it can get old. Naturally, when you're going faster the wind pushes you back, so it's not much of a concern. And the aggressiveness shines when you're hitting the twisties. The new electronics are amazing. It measures your lean angle and cuts power without you realizing it (it's that subtle) if the bike starts to drift. It's saved my bacon once that I'm aware of. Powering out of corners, it can leave a nice black mark on the tarmac. The power is up top, so just after 7,000 RPM, it'll pull like it wants to rip your arms off the handlebars. It's bliss and I haven't tired of it yet after more than a year of ownership. The cross plane crank, once you've done a slip-on and y-pipe, is nothing short of race car sounding. It doesn't sound like any other weedeater sounding bike out there. It has a low rumble at idle and sounds like way more ci than it is. Listening to it is addictive. The electronic screen is the best in the industry. It's 4k resolution and just looks way badass. Easily legible in all lighting conditions, it is easily the best on the market. The headlights at night time are not good for sharp corners. The way they are recessed makes their peripheral projectory horrid. So night riding in the twisties should be avoided. That said, they do an insanely well job for lighting what's directly in front of you. Two up riding shouldn't be a consideration (just look at the rear seat and you'll see why). It needs an ecu flash to open up a ton of extra horses (emissions restrictions). Stay away from the 15's because they had a tranny recall. Mine did too, but I know the mechanic well and he worked for Yamaha Racing. Other people having done the work is too much of a gamble. I would only look at '16+. No reliability issues (besides the gear recall). Built like a tank. From what I've heard, Yamaha didn't go with Brembo's because they spent so much on the 4k screen. So you may want to get some aftermarket pads for the stock Nissin's for some extra bite. All in all, I'm glad I made the purchase. And because it's an R1M, Yamaha has invited me (and all other R1M buyers) to a few get togethers at races, gotten me good seats, fed me, introduced me to people like Valentino Rossi, and made me feel extremely special. Honestly, it's the best automotive purchase I've ever made. Not only for what they've done to promote brand loyalty, but because the bike is like owning an exotic (twitchy throttle, intoxicating sound), but with Yamaha reliability. It's honestly the best of both worlds. Highly recommended.

This is what she looks like now with quite a ton of mods...

EPBhFW.jpg

Last edited: