Just hit 1K miles. Tranny bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I recently had an issue with the truck that led me to having it towed to my local dealer. At the most moment they are saying that something’s off with the tranny (They are taking it a part on Monday for official diagnosis) I was inside a parking lot and went to put the truck in drive when the gear selector automatically moved into park by itself and kept getting stuck. Then started getting error messages like “reduced power” etc.

Truck is brand new built August 23’ and I just hit a thousand miles. Have been very easy on it and it’s not even a daily driver. Has anyone heard of or experienced something similar? I know it’ll be under warranty but just curious as I had a 17’ f150 & gen 2 Raptor with zero issues. I always thought the 10 speed was great but service guy at the dealer advised me these transmissions are actually horrible (specifically those built after 2020 and all that manufacture & part madness went on)

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hoses were popping off early on. Did you check yours? Haven't heard that the newer built trannys have problems. And Service Advisors pretty much view lying as a recreational sport, so I wouldn't take that to the bank.

OP
OP
BlueTheRaptor

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score
Hoses were popping off early on. Did you check yours? Haven't heard that the newer built trannys have problems. And Service Advisors pretty much view lying as a recreational sport, so I wouldn't take that to the bank.

I haven’t checked. I’ve been told it’s likely a wire or module connection thing from a FB group I’m in. Definitely not taking his word as gold. Hoping it’s an easy fix whatever it is.

OP
OP
BlueTheRaptor

BlueTheRaptor

Reaction score

I haven’t checked. I’ve been told it’s likely a wire or module connection thing from a FB group I’m in. Definitely not taking his word as gold. Hoping
Do you have rats where you normally park it?
Negative. I’m in NY but eastern Long Island. Not near the rat infested city lol.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I know it’s tempting but keep the shifter out of your gap. Funny story; back in the 90’s my friend’s 1988 Chevy column shifter and a certain female put it in the gap haha thanks for the memories.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The GSM is a separate system from the transmission. Sounds like they’re just guessing, which is typical of a Service “advisor”. Likely a circuit issue or the GSM itself.