When will FP Sport exhaust be available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the FP Sport on my '18.

Overall, I like it - though it certainly doesn't make it sound like a V8. The factory exhaust was anemic, and this one has more tone. I kinda wish I had gone with the touring, but the sport isn't obnoxious or anything close to that. It's perfectly quiet when crusing and opens up as you lean on the throttle.

Overall I'm happy with it.

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would u want the touring over sport?
Im asking because i wanna buy the sport lol

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would u want the touring over sport?
Im asking because i wanna buy the sport lol

As I get older, I find that I want things to be even more subtle most of the time and generally only loud when I floor it. The sport tends to be a little louder under part throttle than the touring.

I don't think the sport is loud, just more noticeable than I'd like it to be in a perfect world.

I have been considering swapping it out for a touring, but as I've only had it on the truck a week, I'm not there yet. Going to let my ears get used to it a little more.

Racingislife

Reaction score
Followup on sport?

As I get older, I find that I want things to be even more subtle most of the time and generally only loud when I floor it. The sport tends to be a little louder under part throttle than the touring.

I don't think the sport is loud, just more noticeable than I'd like it to be in a perfect world.

I have been considering swapping it out for a touring, but as I've only had it on the truck a week, I'm not there yet. Going to let my ears get used to it a little more.

Hey quick, thanks for the sport review.
It's been a few more weeks... Any followup thoughts? Still want to swap for touring?
I'm asking because I'm considering sport vs touring.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a few more weeks... Any followup thoughts? Still want to swap for touring?

I went with the Sport instead of Touring. My M3 has the titanium exhaust and it's loud when you get on it but pretty quite when cruising. I don't think the sport is going to be louder than my M3 exhaust.

T4FWph6.jpg

Y08Pc3x.jpg

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone is interested we offer Borla and the FP exhaust. The Borla is typically in stock and the FR is special order at the moment.

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So, it did get a little better and I've gotten used to it over time. Have been on several long road trips and it doesn't bother me at all. At this point, it wouldn't be worth the effort to change to the touring for me.

However, if I had to start from zero, I might consider the touring.

The one annoyance (which I think is true for both), under certain conditions I get a metal on metal buzzing sound. Sounds like the flap in the exhaust is vibrating, I think. Not sure.

Otherwise, it's excellent.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anyone is interested we offer Borla and the FP exhaust. The Borla is typically in stock and the FR is special order at the moment.

Is there a borla that is identical to the FP? Of the FP is special to FP? The FP has no X or H pipe crap which I don't want - seems the borla's do?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Is there a borla that is identical to the FP? Of the FP is special to FP? The FP has no X or H pipe crap which I don't want - seems the borla's do?

They are the same. FP has some extra baffling to try and protect the sound level. Still better off to just leave stock.