GEN 2 Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I have ton a ton of searching and can't decide. New owner of a 18 raptor. I want more sound and tone then stock but not "loud". This is a dd truck. I'm trying to decide between corsa sport or the spd trombone res delete with stock muffler. Or another spd system. I want no drone and more turbo sound through exhaust.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ton a ton of searching and can't decide. New owner of a 18 raptor. I want more sound and tone then stock but not "loud". This is a dd truck. I'm trying to decide between corsa sport or the spd trombone res delete with stock muffler. Or another spd system. I want no drone and more turbo sound through exhaust.
As far as what I know, unless you have a 2017 you won't gain much turbo sound. I'd go with corsa if you want a deeper tone. I love their systems. I also like awe 2fg exhaust if you like the stock sound but want more sound. There's a guy selling a 2fg if you search this forum.

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
I have a corsa sport and love it. No highway drone and wife/kid approved on long trips. Not much we can do to make these engines sound "great". I read a million threads and listened to a thousand clips. Landed on corsa and wouldnt change a thing.

Hamm9r21

Reaction score
Awe 2fg is great and relatively inexpensive. I think you might like it

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
Im very torn between 2fg,corsa sport and spd trombone but spd lead time is killing it for me. Catch up guys!

AvalancheGrey2017

Reaction score
Im very torn between 2fg,corsa sport and spd trombone but spd lead time is killing it for me. Catch up guys!
OP where are you located? Any decent cars and coffee or members you can meet up with to hear options in person? The online clips arent a great method to hear things overall. Trombone wasn't out when i got my corsa, but i was looking at the 2fg as well. Price is right but i kept seeing reports of drone on the highway. I do to many long hauls down 95 for risk it may ring my wifes ears.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I'm in northeast pa. Haven't seen many modded Gen 2 around me. I would like to hear some in person

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve used both the SPD trombone and Corsa Sport, I liked both but settled on the SPD. They sound very very different from each other. I’m happy to answer questions but hard to describe with words. I can confirm the Corsa has zero drone though, but is definitely louder than the SPD when wot.

You won’t get any turbo sound through the exhaust without opening up everything after the turbos, and that’s gonna be loud AF.

818raptor

Reaction score
im looking too. Im trying to decide between MBRP XP Series 3" X-Pipe S5229409 or AWE Tuning 3020-11022 Raptor 2 FG Performance H-Pipe